Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @infinite.loop - Might not be a bad idea! I've renamed the thread titles a little which should help with confusion. I dare not do more than that, as this is not my backyard.

Hopefully after dlarge finishes his update for Avalon and the hectic MP1.4 release frenzy dies down over the next month joostzilla, ncoh, cul8er can improve things :) Otherwise I'll just post a sticky FAQ with download links + brief explanations.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I will get in contact with all the guys involved in oder to finally clear things up here. I am very confused too about what belongs where and is required to get it working. :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was confused too...

We have

Avalon standalone skin
    Avallonis standalone skin
    Avallanche theme for Avallonis
    AvallancheAddict theme for Avallonis

I'm not 100% sure as I can't test with MP1.4 but I think both Avalon & Avallonis also have a white/blue theme. I think blue is standard and white is theme.

There is the current problem that avallonis is not yet released for MP1.3, however Avallanche has an installer that installs a modified version of avallonis for MP1.4 as well as the avalanche theme. However Avallanche for MP1.4 has a dependency on having a previous install of Avallonis for MP1.3 because the mpei is missing some of the Avallonis files. :eek: (I think)

I think this means that existing Avallonis/Avalanche users can upgrade to MP1.4 by running Avalanche 1.5.0.0.mpei, but new users or users with a clean install can not use Avalon/Avallonis/Avallanche. Until a fix is made.

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also confused.
    So with AvallancheAddict theme we got an theme for an theme of an theme?

Dont get me wrong, you guys do all an superior work, but the average user will lose slowly the overview here.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, but in case i'll try AvallancheAddict this means I have to install Avallonis, then Avallanche and finally AvallancheAddict?
    Or did I misunderstand?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    install Avallanche.mpei (includes Avallanche theme + Avallonis base skin) then install AvallancheAddict

However I believe the avallanche installer is broken it is missing files and only works if you already have avallonis installed. There is no way to install avallonis unless you are running MP1.3 (catch 22)

Need to wait till the fix avallanche installer or release an upgraded avallonis installer.

If you are running MP1.3 you're probably ok.

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, but in case i'll try AvallancheAddict this means I have to install Avallonis, then Avallanche and finally AvallancheAddict?
    Or did I misunderstand?

No. The skin is Avalonis. Avalonis in it's "original" version has no comaptible version for the last MP versions (1.3 / 1.4)
    So the installer from Avallanche provides a version of Avalonis compatible with 1.3 and 1.4 (ok - this one has a bug but will be fixed) - that's why you need the Avallanche installer.
    But - still - Avallanche and AvallancheAddict are themes to Avalonis (to be found in the themes folder of the skin)

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I said, for me this is confusing.
    By definition a "theme" is an extension for a standalone skin.
    So if Avallanche allready have an standalone installer (no matter if working or broken at the moment) why is it called a theme?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom