Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To make things easier the installer for the theme installs the skin at the same time.

Avallonis = skin
    Avallanche = Theme
    Avallanche.mpei = Avallanche + Avallonis bundled together.

Yes it would be possible for pur_berger to make Avallonis.mpei only install the theme, but he has decided to bundle together because he wanted to release 1.4 update files for Avallonis which isn't compatible with 1.4 yet.

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As I said, for me this is confusing.
    By definition a "theme" is an extension for a standalone skin.
    So if Avallanche allready have an standalone installer (no matter if working or broken at the moment) why is it called a theme?

The installer is for the modded Avalonis version (to have a comaptible one) :) and gives you the themes fiels too.[DOUBLEPOST=1371552324][/DOUBLEPOST]
    To make things easier the installer for the theme installs the skin at the same time.

Avallonis = skin
    Avallanche = Theme
    Avallanche.mpei = Avallanche + Avallonis bundled together.

Yes it would be possible for pur_berger to make Avallonis.mpei only install the theme, but he has decided to bundle together because he wanted to release 1.4 update files for Avallonis which isn't compatible with 1.4 yet.

Not me - sweborn ;)

He is the masterbrain behind the installer and putting together all the different mods in one theme called Avallanche. Basically he could have released a Avalonis version with installer which he made compatible and give you a dropboxlink to get the themefiels there for copy and paste them into the "Themes" Folder. But as it's called "Avallanche - a Avalonis theme" the installer gives you both in one go.

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's a different kind of handling it, but i can follow your explanation.
    Thank you for the clarification.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    To clear up things a bit am i about to make a standalone skin with the Avallanche Iceblue/White colortheme as default, compatible with shorty1483's AvallancheAddict theme. If i have time i will upload the new file tomorrow. I have submitted a request to change the name of this thread to Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I changed title for you. If you want might be better to start a new thread I can sticky for you. It's also better if first post is from you.

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To clear up things a bit am i about to make a standalone skin with the Avallanche Iceblue/White colortheme as default, compatible with shorty1483's AvallancheAddict theme. If i have time i will upload the new file tomorrow. I have submitted a request to change the name of this thread to Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon).

ur da man :LOL:

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Realy need to say I like the mod shorty1483 did - as always I couldn't keep my feet still and did some small modifiactions:

Main resaon was the overlapping in Moving Pictures and Basic Home (when using recent Recordings) - and the empty spaces when no clear art is present:

1.png

2.png

Attachments

• common.overlay.audio.png
      common.overlay.audio.png
      5 KB
    • common.overlay.home.xml
      17.3 KB
    • common.overlay.xml
      12.8 KB

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Realy need to say I like the mod shorty1483 did - as always I couldn't keep my feet still and did some small modifiactions:

Main resaon was the overlapping in Moving Pictures and Basic Home (when using recent Recordings) - and the empty spaces when no clear art is present:

View attachment 130960

View attachment 130961

Not always good to have no Tv server :D

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I thought I would be done with the new version today, but I have to give it one or two more days. Got stuck a bit with compiling part. But that will soon be fixed. :)

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought I would be done with the new version today, but I have to give it one or two more days. Got stuck a bit with recompiling part. But that will soon be fixed. :)

No problem, it's done when it's done...

BTW sweborn, for me it's not totally clear to get the right ClearLogo/ClearArt in different views. On MovPic e.g. it was very simple with the "#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id ".

But in video OSD when watching a movie, there is no ClearArt/Logo shown (even it is present in thumbs\ClearArt\Movies). But when I press Pause, it's shown. Don't know If it's meant like that, because the controls for the Art are in videoOSD.xml.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom