Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (5 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The submenus on Basic home are fade labels, but could they be a bit longer? There is unused space to the right well after what the label size extends to, at least 20-30 pixels. ;) I have some items like "tv-shows for kids" and the "ds" part of kids get faded, but at least it doesn't scroll.

Emph

Dudu666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First a big thank to you for bringing us this mod :D I really like Avalon, and also to its developers a great praise and thank :D

I love your modified basichome screen with the handling of submenus and latest media :eek:

Last night I could not test much yet, but I have noticed some blurring. The number of series in TVSeries protrudes into the fanart (see screenshot below).

In addition, modifications of basichome via the Avallonis configurator are not displayed. I make the changes (e.g. no latest media for pictures or music) and save them. I see that Avallonis.xml has been backed up and a new Avallonis.xml has been created. But in folder ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis I do not see any modified file. The old layout is still running. I've tested the configurator as administrator in Window 7 and Windows XP.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One little issue: The preview image is unchanged from avalon. This leaves out one visual clue as to which skin is selected.

Do you mean the splash screen when it is first started..? Is it not shown on the bottom right where it is written MOD Avallonis...?

-> Minor in Home: Exit Menu is on the top, but the menu appears from the left.

For me that seems to be intentional..?

You press the up key on a remote, as indicated by the presence of the "Exit" sign, and out pops the close down menu from the side as it does in the Avalon skin. It is intuitive and works well.

As yet I have not found an issue with the Skin when I spent some time using it last night. I have not viewed TV with it as yet as my TV card (DVB-S2) has just been ordered but watching films or TV shows seems to be fine.

On the Home screen is there a way to easily edit out selection that you would not use, like "Pictures" for example or "Films"..? Is that what mbuzina is referring to because of so I would have to agree..?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dudu666,

When you say you modified an item. Did you modify, press update and then save or did you forget the update part?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Vimes,

If you mean customizing items on basichome you can ;)

Open MP Configuration and user the Avallonis Editor (under section Process Plugins).

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have added all reported issues so far to the issue tracker. Use it to see progress. I hope to be able to release an update with all fixes in a few days.

cheers
    cul8er

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avallonis (An Avalon MOD)

Hello!
    I tested your MOD and it has an awsome design. Just too less fanart for me. But I like the blue style so I use it for myself. =)
    Thank you very much.. I got inspired by you A LOT!

donnacha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2008
    York UK
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi Cul8er - I installed your Mod last night, works good so far and i like it, looks just that little bit neater than Avalon with the horizontal menu.

Could I make an enhancement suggestion please? When on the basic homescreen, when there is a submenu it shows this once you select the main menu item - for example under Music I have Play Disc, Now Playing, Radio and Last FM. There is the little menu icon against the main menu item (in this case Music) to denote that there is a submenu. Instead of showing the submenu immediately (and therefore immediately covering up the background by one third with the sub menu) could the submenu only appear once I press "down" on the main menu item? Therefore while scrolling across all the main menu items the associated background images are not cut off with teh submenus until you actually select to enter the submenus. Does that make sense?

Great work !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom