Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (6 Viewers)

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Great, looking forward. I really like the white theme, only the weather page contains a bit too much of the old blue in it ;)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
Would it be possible to add a button to TV-Series next to episode that would search the episode from Watch-Series in OnlineVideos? Same principle as the trailer button in Moving Pictures? Or better, just play the episode if it is found...

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just switched to this from StreamedMP because I fancied a change.. I'm loving it so far!

The Movies and Series look great with the fan art, but Pictures, Videos, Live TV etc all look "unfinished" on mine because of blank backgrounds..

Is this a config I have missed or something?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I figured it out - I needed to change config in the basic home editor!

I'm not sure if the missus is going to get used to it though - she is familiar with StreamedMP because I had that skin for so long.. She begged the question why do I have to change it!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    She begged the question why do I have to change it!

They sure know how to spoil our fun of testing out new things, don't they?

I put a lot of work into my own HTPC setup, but in short words I'm vetoed by her from making any visual or functional changes to MediaPortal now. Went through almost a court-martial when MediaPortal 1.2 made those big skin changes and I had to explain I did not do it. She would have made me go back to v1.1.x if it wasn't for the small fact that she was annoyed by the MP-TVSeries view situation we have. So once I explained MediaPortal v1.2 was needed to fix that due to hyperlink parameter support (with some 'pretty pictures' analogy used), she cornered me with the counter argument "well then just make it look the same, because I know you can alter the skin".

So I ended up spending quite some time making MePo v1.2 look the same again as I had its predecessor look.

At least we both agree that we don't like dark themes, so awesome skins such as StreamedMP were never an option. But if there was any skin I could convince her to switch over to, it would be this gorgeous Avallonis White theme.

I'm actually currently reinstalling the OS on the HTPC, due to WinSxS issues that I tried to fix with WinSxSLite, but which misserably failed. It would have been perfect time to 'supprise' her with Avallonis White :sneaky:

But unfortunatly it is not done yet, so will have to wait like everybody else. At least it will give me time to first play with the skin on my test box, so I can at least make all the modifications ahead of time, such as the hyperlink parameter adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom