Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Sweborn - its downloaded...

#Edit#
    It's installed...
    Mp is starting...
    No change :(

That must mean that:
    a) somewhere along the line the files are not being overwritten.
    b) the files are not in the correct place.
    c) MP is using files from a different location.

So, in the interests of getting this correct can someone please confirm:
    1) Where the cache is to clear
    I think it's C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\cache <- nuke all files in here
    There is also another cache located at C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ - I nuke all in here too just to be certain.
    2) Where the files should go
    Windows 7 here so C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis <- Overwrite the files in here (actually I just unzipped in to the 'c:\programdata\team mediaportal' dir as the folders looked fine.)

#Edit 2#
    While comparing the files in the original folder and the new mod (to check all is being overwritten - they are) I realised that there is another possibility; and that is that there are some files that need to be changed that aren't present.
    I noticed that there are more XMLs in the original folder that are not in the mod - I guess these are for different views such as thumbsXL, NoThumbs, etc..
    Now I know I'm using 'Thumbs XL' but that file isn't in the mod - could this be the issue?
    Can someone verify this please?? (Resetting the settings to the default (thumbs default and dont show info at bottom) had no effect)...

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Sweborn - its downloaded...

#Edit#
    It's installed...
    Mp is starting...
    No change :(

That must mean that:
    a) somewhere along the line the files are not being overwritten.
    b) the files are not in the correct place.
    c) MP is using files from a different location.

So, in the interests of getting this correct can someone please confirm:
    1) Where the cache is to clear
    I think it's C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\cache <- nuke all files in here
    There is also another cache located at C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ - I nuke all in here too just to be certain.
    2) Where the files should go
    Windows 7 here so C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis <- Overwrite the files in here (actually I just unzipped in to the 'c:\programdata\team mediaportal' dir as the folders looked fine.)

#Edit 2#
    While comparing the files in the original folder and the new mod (to check all is being overwritten - they are) I realised that there is another possibility; and that is that there are some files that need to be changed that aren't present.
    I noticed that there are more XMLs in the original folder that are not in the mod - I guess these are for different views such as thumbsXL, NoThumbs, etc..
    Now I know I'm using 'Thumbs XL' but that file isn't in the mod - could this be the issue?
    Can someone verify this please?? (Resetting the settings to the default (thumbs default and dont show info at bottom) had no effect)...

You are right about some things. I have to do some changes to the thumbnails: XL view. But changing to thumbnails: default view no info at bottom should work properly.
    In thumbnail: default view no info at bottom you should have the rotating disc in the info page.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    SORTED!!!!!!
    The following settings need to be set from within MP:
    Settings >> Skin settings >> Moving Pictures = thumbnails MUST be set to 'Default', XL doesn't work
    Settings >> Skin settings >> Misc = hide posters on listview must be off
    Settings >> Skin settings >> Misc = Hide when not scrolling should be off, on means the posters just appear for a few seconds.

Working now and looking magnificent.
    Finally!!!
    :D

@sweborn
    Can you please make the same changes to the XL thumbnail view as well, if it's not too much work...
    And it's fine with the details at the bottom :)

Thanks all for your help (y)

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Put together an alternative Splashscreen for Avallonis white....copy and paste into the "Media" folder after re-naming your original "splashscreen.png".

splashscreen.png

P.S. Does anyone know where this image is referred to in the skin files? I want to configure it so as I have alternative splashscreens for both Blue and White.

Attachments

• splashscreen.zip
      2.8 MB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm ... can anyone confirm this ...

Tried it now several times - when I change the name of My TV (I tried it with my TV only for now) to TV over the Avalonis Editor (version 1.3)- Update and save the skin does not work anymore - need to complete reinstall it?!

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    There's an option in the MPConfig exe to turn off the 'My' bits somewhere (Cant remember where)
    Can you try this option instead?

#Edit#
    Found it - it's under
    MPConfig >> GUI >> Language Settings >> Use string prefixes

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There's an option in the MPConfig exe to turn off the 'My' bits somewhere (Cant remember where)

What you mean is in the GUI settings of MP config - will try this instead

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

What you mean is in the GUI settings of MP config - will try this instead

Edit - know - actually it originally says Live TV - as soon I change it it breaks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom