Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

fab.larosa

Portal Member
April 5, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
I see Avallonis version 1.0.2.0 available in MediaPortal Extension Installer but the update fails with a 404 (not found) error.

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, I hope you dont mind but I have a few more "bugs" to bring to your attention, and a couple of suggestions if I may ?

I'll start off with the bugs ;

1) When you return from a screen back to the main menu, often the selected option in not highlighted white.

2) Music Now Playing - Hidden menu, top item goes to Streaming Music

3) Recorded Radio - The record logo looks to be stretched and looses its aspect ratio - this also happens for TV I think.

4) Now Playing overlay - If it is a stream should display "4:15" rather than "4:15 /" - ie check for a null total time value

5) Online Videos - Maybe not a bug, but what does "Favorites" actually do? It never does anything for me

6) Playlist - Top item goes to scrobble / account

7) Movie Details - Date field should be just an extra 30 or so pixels to avoid unnecessary scrolling.

8) Video Info Overlay - Strange one this : I had the logo for the current playing program, on top of a mythbusters logo. Think before watching this online video, I was in TV Series - Mythbusters

9) RefreshRate changer Overlay - Play a movie say at 24p, then go TV Guide and choose a channel that will once again change the refresh rate - the overlay always wrongly displays "Recording" when it is not recording.

10) Settings - TV - Misaligned Controls

11) Movie Details - If you move the mouse, the hidden menu highlight appears

Now for some suggestions ;

11) On TV Guide, possibly make the selected text White to improve readability.

12) Some additions to the "Latest Recordings" TV submenu

13) A few alterations to TV-Series layout

14) Now Playing Overlays - I would really appreciate a few extra details on the now playing overlay, this is a suggestion for TV overlay

15) Now Playing Overlays - Music

16) Now Playing Overlays - Series

17) When FF/REW at 2x, 4x, 8x etc... there is no visual indication to tell your current speed - would be nice if there was.

I really appreciate you maintaining this mod and hope you dont find posts like this discouraging. I know some of the suggestions may involve quite a bit of work, but they are just suggestions for you to consider.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Main Menu - Item is not highlighted after coming back from manage tv.jpg
    Main Menu - Item is not highlighted after coming back from manage tv.jpg
    135.7 KB
  • Recording on refresh rate change overlay incorrect.jpg
    Recording on refresh rate change overlay incorrect.jpg
    173.1 KB
  • BBC iPlayer, logo shows both iplayer and mythbusters.jpg
    BBC iPlayer, logo shows both iplayer and mythbusters.jpg
    248.2 KB
  • Movie Details - Date added should be longer.jpg
    Movie Details - Date added should be longer.jpg
    206.5 KB
  • Playlist - Top up goes to scrobble on.jpg
    Playlist - Top up goes to scrobble on.jpg
    132 KB
  • Online Videos - What does Favorites actually do.jpg
    Online Videos - What does Favorites actually do.jpg
    118.2 KB
  • Now Playing - If it is a stream, check for null total runtime.jpg
    Now Playing - If it is a stream, check for null total runtime.jpg
    187.1 KB
  • Radio Record - Stretched record logo.png
    Radio Record - Stretched record logo.png
    987.1 KB
  • Now Playing - Hidden menu goes to streaming music from top item.jpg
    Now Playing - Hidden menu goes to streaming music from top item.jpg
    76.4 KB
  • Now Playing - Series Overlay.jpg
    Now Playing - Series Overlay.jpg
    153.2 KB
  • Now Playing - Music Overlay.jpg
    Now Playing - Music Overlay.jpg
    152.5 KB
  • Now Playing - TV Overlay.jpg
    Now Playing - TV Overlay.jpg
    150.2 KB
  • TV Series mockup.jpg
    TV Series mockup.jpg
    208.5 KB
  • TV Latest Media - Provide info button to quickly access details like record date time and length.jpg
    TV Latest Media - Provide info button to quickly access details like record date time and length.jpg
    170.6 KB
  • TV Guide - Possibly make text white to improve readability.jpg
    TV Guide - Possibly make text white to improve readability.jpg
    178.9 KB
  • Movie Details - If move mouse you get highlight bar from hidden menu.jpg
    Movie Details - If move mouse you get highlight bar from hidden menu.jpg
    210.7 KB
  • Settings - TV - Recording Options bad alignment.png
    Settings - TV - Recording Options bad alignment.png
    788.4 KB
  • Display 4x etc play speed.jpg
    Display 4x etc play speed.jpg
    92.8 KB

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have just reinstalled MP and put this skin back on. Now I notice that the font size is too big (1080p screen res) and the fonts overlap graphics such as the watched icon in tv series and the EPG font looks massive.. Whats going on? It wasn't like this before I reinstalled?

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have just reinstalled MP and put this skin back on. Now I notice that the font size is too big (1080p screen res) and the fonts overlap graphics such as the watched icon in tv series and the EPG font looks massive.. Whats going on? It wasn't like this before I reinstalled?

Thanks

Yes, it seems like we've found a bug. When I launch the UI Calibration in Avallonis, everything is tiny. If I switch to StreamedMP and try, it's as intended. Please take a look, cul8er. :)

Emph

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, it seems like we've found a bug. When I launch the UI Calibration in Avallonis, everything is tiny. If I switch to StreamedMP and try, it's as intended. Please take a look, cul8er. :)

Emph

Try this one.

Attachments

• settingsUICalibration.xml
      1 KB

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

Thanks

There is a large fonts setting under skinsettings miscellaneous 4th down, this is only a guess though.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The settingsUIcalibration.xml fixed the issue. I still have large fonts though.. I just went back into the skin settings and sure enough large fonts was enabled. So I disabled them, allowed MP to restart itself and they are still exactly the same size. Enabled and restarted still same, disabled again and restarted.. still the same size?

Well I got them smaller again by setting the windows system fonts back down to 100% from 125%. The reason this confuses me is that before I reinstalled Windows today, I have had that 125% font setting on for like a year without it causing issues with mediaportal??

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now that your fonts are fine in MePo, change them back in Windows. Unless the MePo cache is cleared, chances are you'll be able to have the cake and eat it too.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom