Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm thinking of making this MOD stand out a bit more from the original skin (Avalon). What do you think about the attached image. Good or bad?

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• white1.jpg
      white1.jpg
      146.7 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It looks fresh! Does it involve any major .xml tweaks or would it be possible to be a drop-in replacement for .png files only?

Cheers
    Emph

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,
    from me ,so so ... i'm not that big on a white skins .... but i'm with you abut to make the mod defrent look then Avalon , i think you corect with this direction... only will make good to this mod .

:) :D

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From me personally, I dont like it. One of the main things I like about avalon/avallonis is the colourscheme used. If this could be implemented as a theme, then fine, but not as the only choice of colour. I find these high contrast skins hard on the eyes, and also my TV makes a high pitch buzzing sound on high contrast images such as this which would make the skin unusable for me.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    I like that you want the mod to be more individualistic but, for me, on a 50" TV that would be way to much white and be quite dazzling to the eye. I have found that some fanart, for example, can look good on my monitor but does not scale that well when seen on a bigger TV.

Keep up your good work :)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    I would agree about brightness - on the TV in the evening it is not good. If to look at PC monitor in daylight - sure it is ok. But more contrasting and darker is better. Original a bit boring colored - too grey :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I like Avalon for its design and colour over all skins, thats why I used it. I do like the blue on grey etc. what I liked about Avallonis is the UI tweaks that you developed ie the main menu etc, I never really had issues with the colour scheme. For me thats the game changer, I wouldn't go back to Avalon because of this.

Having said that, I'm not totally against change to the overall theme but I'd like to actually try it in practise before I could comfortably make a decision. It does look clean, almost Apple-esqe, the screen looks pretty. But will it be too bright in actual use as others are saying..

I guess any deviation with the colours wouldn't be a *selectable* option due to the graphics and extra work etc.. Are you showing a working home screen there or a mock up? Any chance of trying it to see how it feels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom