AverTV DVB-T 771 (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm having trouble following the instructions too.
    I copied the modified Skydll into the Win32 directory. That wasn't in the instructions, but it was pretty obviuos.
    When I try to autotune the channels, it usually gives me an error message saying "this card does not support autotune" but every once in a while it will prompt me for a tpl file. If I select the modified tpl (yours, with Jason's additions) it all seems to work but still no channels can be tuned in MP.
    Is there any other step I am missing?
    Does any one else get that error?

ChrisN

October 19, 2005
    Well, followed all steps as described by Jasaroony. Copied 3 frequencies of working channels from my Aver DVBTV program into a new .tpl file (frequencies 48000, H, 0 etc..)

MP recognizes the card, i am able to select the new .tpl file when using autoscan, yet no channels are detected.

I added the registry key in HKEYS_CURRENT_USER/Software with name mydvbtband and value 8 (DWord) for the UK, is that right?

I believe the new sky.dll is hard-coded to use band 7 (Australia) how can i get it to use band 8 for the UK properly, can I hex-edit the sky.dll somehow and change it ??

please help, i'm spending all evenings long on it yet no luck, but soo damn close....

Twirrim

April 24, 2006
    Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I figured it was best to resurrect this one that start a new one.

I tried the skydll method mentioned earlier in the thread, and wonder of wonders I finally managed to get the a771 to work with a program other than its own software package. Great I thought, and then plugged in the second a771 card. Oh :( It only seems to want to see one a771 card in Mediaportal, presumably down to a shortcoming in the skydll, so I'm guessing that leaves me just about stuck unless AverMedia produce BDA drivers for it (*dreams on*). The two cards work under Linux with MythTV so I guess I'll stick with that for the moment and just keep an eye out for drivers, unless anyone has another suggestion?

chewbacka

May 30, 2006
    AVerMeda DVBT 777

Hello all,

I am really excited about MP! Just installed that last week in my Barebone ASUS Pundit AE3, and when I placed an AVerMedia DVB-T 777 I realized it does not work. Then I started to look into the monikens etc as shown in your webpage.

Unfortunately I have been unable to make it work. Any help about the lines to include in the CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml file?

MP is really great stuff, any help will be veeeery much appreciated!

Thanks guys!
    /C.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi,

Twirrim, Are you running XP or MCE? XP will not run dual DVT cards without some tweaking. MCE will do it out of the box. Check out the Tips and Tricks forum for the location of the newer dlls that MS has only released for MCE (thereby trying to stop any rival products).

chewbacka, I think the 777 card should work. It's the 771 that is a piece of crap. Does anything on the 777 box say "MCE Compatible"? Basically you need to have standardised BDA drivers. If you tried to install the 771 paches you may need to remove everything and start with just the 777 drivers.

Good luck. For me, I just stay well away from all Aver products from now on.

As George Bush says "Fool me once, err, err, err, don't fool me again"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom