AverTV DVB-T 771 (1 Viewer)

Z

ziadost

please guys don't tell me that the inactivity of this thread means you have stopped trying :cry:

we must do something!

Mortus

Portal Member
January 31, 2005
I'd given up on using my 771 with MP, i sure hope he cna pull it off......
Fingers crossed

thanks for the feedback Dman :)

Jarrod

Portal Member
May 17, 2005
If you own an Avermedia 771 and want to get it working, follow the topic on the forum as linked to above by ziadost.

I have now got MediaPortal working with my Avermedia 771 card.

Thanks to everyone involved! :D

A

Anonymous

DVB-T 771

Hi,

I'm very grateful for all the hard work that has taken place leading to you (and perhaps others) getting the DVB-T 771 working with MediaPortal.

For many of us (the not so clever ones), it's very difficult to follow all 6 pages of this thread and all 9 pages of the thread you direct us to.

As a sugestion (kind request), could you kindly produce a simple install/configuration guide and post or provide URL.

NB: it would be nice if the the wonderful MP administrators could provide a simple web page of all hardware cards and link to set-up guide.

Thanking you in advance.

HappyAsh

Jarrod

Portal Member
May 17, 2005
There is already a link to a install/config guide in text format on the linked thread. It involves some hex editing and mucking around with frequencies, but I got it to work and I'm not a hex editing genious, in fact i've never done it before in my life.

I really can't make it any simpler than it already is, without giving you the appropriate files (which I'm sure is illegal, so I wont be doing that)

I suggest you just carefully read everthing mentioned in the thread and you should be able to get it working. I tried a few times before it worked, so just need a little patience.

Sorry I can't be of any further help. Hopefully one day someone will get MediaPortal to just identify the card automatically...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reply. I shall try again. As you say it's easy to edit the file using a hex editor, run the runme.bat file to tweek driver etc.

However whilst card detected and listed in MP, it does not detect (scan) any TV/Radio channels (UK). NB: works ok with software supplied with hardware.

Kindly, what are your TV settings in MP config.

Thanks Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom