Avoid series repeats (1 Viewer)

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I feel like this is a newbie question and I've done lots of researching but have not found a final answer. Does MP1 have the ability to schedule series recordings and only record the "new" episodes of the series?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again :)

The answer to your question is: not directly.

TV Server has the "check episode..." option to enable you to avoid recording episodes you've already recorded:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...V-Server_Configuration/07_Recording#Scheduler

However that isn't technically what you want.
    Because you're using mc2xml, you can use the "-a: * new" option to mark new programs with an asterisk in the title. If you then create your schedules for only those programs, the result will be that MediaPortal will record programs named [for example] "Modern Family*" but not "Modern Family". I think that's what you want, right?

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had the same question when moving from Windows Media Center to MediaPortal. Not that Windows Media Center did a good job at that with Swedish EPG guide data, but anyway. The way I solve this is by scheduling everything using the plugin TvWishlist. This gives you a great deal of control over recordings. It's algorithm for figuring out repeats is quite advanced, and in case even that fails I set a time filter on the recordings. For example, most shows air the new episode by night and the repeats in the morning, so I set record show X, between 17:00 and 23:00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Understood.
    Understood.
    In the UK an American show, NCIS, has several series being broadcast on the same day. As a consequence, when I choose to record the...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom