Avoid series repeats

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Reggie Burnett, October 24, 2015.

1. Reggie Burnett

Reggie Burnett New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I feel like this is a newbie question and I've done lots of researching but have not found a final answer. Does MP1 have the ability to schedule series recordings and only record the "new" episodes of the series?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again :)

The answer to your question is: not directly.

TV Server has the "check episode..." option to enable you to avoid recording episodes you've already recorded:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...V-Server_Configuration/07_Recording#Scheduler

However that isn't technically what you want.
    Because you're using mc2xml, you can use the "-a: * new" option to mark new programs with an asterisk in the title. If you then create your schedules for only those programs, the result will be that MediaPortal will record programs named [for example] "Modern Family*" but not "Modern Family". I think that's what you want, right?

4. osksa
    • Premium Supporter

osksa MP Donator

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    I had the same question when moving from Windows Media Center to MediaPortal. Not that Windows Media Center did a good job at that with Swedish EPG guide data, but anyway. The way I solve this is by scheduling everything using the plugin TvWishlist. This gives you a great deal of control over recordings. It's algorithm for figuring out repeats is quite advanced, and in case even that fails I set a time filter on the recordings. For example, most shows air the new episode by night and the repeats in the morning, so I set record show X, between 17:00 and 23:00.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!