"Back" Button not working in TV Recordings (1 Viewer)

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Guys,

after updating from 1.5 to 1.7.0 (and 1.7.1) i have an strange behaviour within TV Recordings. When watching a recorded TV-show, the "Back" (german "zurück") Button of my MCE Remote is working only the first time. After that the "Back" Button is not working anymore. I can only "Stop" the playing recording.

to reproduce:
    - play tv recording
    - press back
    - switch back to playing recording
    - press back again,... an nothing happens

The button is working very well in normal TV or any other Videos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

please find the logs attached.

Best Regards
    Sebastian

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Can you tell us how did you take that?
    - switch back to playing recording

i pressed the "Back" Button for 3 times, then i'am back at the watched recording, but then the "Back" Button dosent work anymore. After that i cant get back to the TV-Menu or anywhere else, only when I hit the "Stop" button i can go back.

hope that helps.

best regards,
    Sebastian

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't reproduce either, back is working always.

After checking the logs it seems you get LoadSkin errors after switching, which could be related:
    [hide]
    Code:
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,925] [Log    ] [12       ] [DEBUG] - g_Player: ShowFullScreenWindow
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,925] [Log    ] [12       ] [INFO ] - g_Player: ShowFullScreenWindow switching to fullscreen video
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,930] [Error  ] [12       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bei System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bei System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(Int32 dwID, Boolean tryRestoreSkin)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.IsTvWindow(Int32 windowId)
       bei TvPlugin.TVHome.OnPageDestroy(Int32 newWindowId)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       bei TvPlugin.TVHome.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)
       bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindowVideoDefault()
       bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindow()
       bei TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread()
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()'
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,949] [Log    ] [12       ] [DEBUG] - Window: TvPlugin.TVHome deinit
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,950] [Log    ] [12       ] [DEBUG] - TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()
    [2014-05-11 12:31:48,969] [Error  ] [12       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bei System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bei System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)
       bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindowVideoDefault()
       bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindow()
       bei TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread()
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()'
    [2014-05-11 12:31:49,112] [Log    ] [12       ] [DEBUG] - Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen init
    [/hide]
    Not the first time i noticed LoadSkin errors on TvPlugin, and i can't understand why we get these...
    @Sebastiii any thoughts??
    @sosh are you still having this problem or was this a one-time hiccup?

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your answer,

I'am still suffering from this "phenomenon". I haven't reinstalled or updated MP in the last days.
    But due to your hint, i'll try to update the titan skin and see if that helps.

I'll keep you informent.

best regards
    Sebastian

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm seeing this behaviour as well in 1.8 pre-release
    - open recorded tv
    - play a recording - watch in fullscreen
    - press back on remote -> goes back to recorded tv menu
    - press back again -> it goes back to fullscreen and the back button no longer works. Only way to exit fullscreen is to stop the playback.

Edit: ignore the mysql errors from a few days ago. That was due to a hdd fault and MP was reinstalled after replacing it.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm seeing this behaviour as well in 1.8 pre-release
    - open recorded tv
    - play a recording - watch in fullscreen
    - press back on remote -> goes back to recorded tv menu
    - press back again -> it goes back to fullscreen and the back button no longer works. Only way to exit fullscreen is to stop the playback.

Edit: ignore the mysql errors from a few days ago. That was due to a hdd fault and MP was reinstalled after replacing it.

There's a huge amount of logging here. I can't work my way through it.

Please could you clear out your logs, then run MP and do just enough to reproduce the problem, then exit MP,

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Done and attached.

One thing that I have configured that isn't "normal" is to automatically turn on tv and go fullscreen when entering my tv. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom