Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Hello.
    Many Thanks for the new release. Most things are working really good now.
    But two of earlier reported problems are still there.
    I still have no backdrops after the start of Mepo until I go to a plugin with FanartHandler support... Described in post # 382 I've attached a screenshot of my basic home after MePo starts so you can see what's this is about.

The second and really annoying issue is the MyPictures problem I had since V0.2. I always have to replace the xml with the one from V0.1 to see something in MyPictures at all... Described in Post # 210 and Post # 248 ff

If you need something to fix this, maybe some logs, Databases, basichome.xml or something like that, tell me and I will upload them asap.

Attachments

• No Backdrops.jpg
      No Backdrops.jpg
      79 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Lehmden, no backdrop at start might be due to your server status mod ("Spock" in upper left corner of your screenshot). You should try without those lines and see if the problem remains.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi cul8er,

before I replace my somewhat modded 0.6 with 0.7 I took a screenshot (the red arrow is not part of the original backdrop ;) ) to make another suggestion.

At times it's hard to see which element is focused in a TVSeries list, especially when there are 2 items. After my girlfriend deleted an episode she was about to watch (cursor jumps to next episode after the previous one is watched) and the blame game was over I took playlist_sub_focus1.png from movingpictures and inverted it for TVSeries for the upper and bottom white borders.

A quick and dirty job added some kind of bold frame to the left, now it's pretty obvious which episode is selected. You might come up with something much more beautiful or perhaps just widen the upper and lower white borders by 1px.

Thanks as always.

Attachments

• 17-54-05.jpg
      17-54-05.jpg
      484.3 KB

timtim78

Portal Member
    May 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I' am sorry but i want to test this skin to as it looks amazing but i cant figure out how to instal it copy the files but it doesn't show on the skin selecting page.

Thanks to anione that wil help.

Sorry for the englisch:sorry:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    Lehmden, no backdrop at start might be due to your server status mod ("Spock" in upper left corner of your screenshot). You should try without those lines and see if the problem remains.
    Thanks for the answer but I'm sure, this is not due the WOLPowerManager status display. This was the first thing I've tested after the problem appears. And, this single line modification has worked on earlier versions of Backdrop or FanartHandler. This issue was first seen on v0.6, All earlier versions since V0.3 (the time I've done this mod first time) did work without this problem.

@timtim78 Where's the problem? Download the mpe1 install package from first post and run it. Install will work automatically.

Edit: attached screenshot without WOLPowerManager mod.

Attachments

• No Backdrops2.jpg
      No Backdrops2.jpg
      77 KB

timtim78

Portal Member
    May 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Hi.
    Thanks for the answer but I'm sure, this is not due the WOLPowerManager status display. This was the first thing I've tested after the problem appears. And, this single line modification has worked on earlier versions of Backdrop or FanartHandler. This issue was first seen on v0.6, All earlier versions since V0.3 (the time I've done this mod first time) did work without this problem.

@timtim78 Where's the problem? Download the mpe1 install package from first post and run it. Install will work automatically.

Edit: attached screenshot without WOLPowerManager mod.

THank u that stupid opera browser when i download it i get a rar file.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello
    timtim, no problem..

cul8er
    I think I've found the reason for my pictures problem. I had a look at the common.facade.pictures.xml from V0.1 and V0.7 to see whats the differences are. The main differences are the missing of some controls "Album listview" and "Playlist Listview". Due to some reasons I don't fully understand are all pictures folders on first look at in playlist mode as default. I think of it as a MePo bug, but I'm not sure. As I added my Pictures folders to the MePo config I choose CoverFlow as default...

As the pictures folders are unwanted in playlist view mode and this control is completely missing, nothing happened at all. And as MePo saves the last watched folder I can't see anything in MyPictures at all.

For now I've added this control:
    Code:
    				<control>
    					<description>playlist listcontrol</description>
    					<type>playlistcontrol</type>
    					<id>50</id>
    					<onleft>987655</onleft>
    					<onright>2</onright>
    					<posX>832</posX>
    					<posY>240</posY>
    					<height>840</height>
    					<spinPosX>1874</spinPosX>
    					<spinPosY>1035</spinPosY>
    					<spinAlign>Right</spinAlign>
    					<spinColor>ff006698</spinColor>
    					<spinCanFocus>no</spinCanFocus>
    					<scrollOffset>2</scrollOffset>		  
    				</control>
    from V0.1 common.facade.pictures.xml to V0.7 common.facade.pictures.xml and its working again. Only the navigation is broken so I have to use F9 to reach the Menu and change to CoverFlow. But I finally can see something...:D

The Playlist Listview is available in Menu (item #5) just above CoverFlow (item #6), so I think the control should not be missing. Maybe this is the reason for this behaviour as in MePo config I just have 5 items to choose from with Coverflow is the last one...

I've attached my modified .xml so you can see what I've done...

Attachments

• common.facade.pictures.xml
      13.9 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    I just did some more tests... If I use Default Skin I have an empty screen also entering MyPictures but there I can access the Menu and change the View Mode... If I use Maya I got the same behaviour as with Default Skin.

BTW if i change default View Mode in MePo Config from CoverFlow to List, BigIcons, Icons,... I can't see anything after entering a not jet visited folder. So the playlist listcontrol solves the problem only for CoverFlow view. :mad:

As a retired pro photographer I have 500.000 pictures laying around all over my Network, so the MyPictures plugin is one of the most important ones to me.

I will do a bugreport in MePo forum also. Maybe this is not solvable by skin designers..

Attached are screenshots, first is Backdrop with the modified xml and second one is Default Skin...

Attachments

• playlist-view-1.jpg
      playlist-view-1.jpg
      232.9 KB
    • playlist-view-2.jpg
      playlist-view-2.jpg
      59.9 KB

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the update, looking really smooth now.

I found this bug. When I press the info button (y), while watching Live TV, I see a rec text in the status bar. I wasn't recording anything at the moment.

Attachments

• 21-52-18.jpg
      21-52-18.jpg
      121.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom