BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
boombastic,
the HelpReferences.xml is being used to identify the %ProgramData% directory or MP User Folder. Usually it is at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal for Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal for XP.
I suspect you have a different installation path defined in MediaPortalsDirs.xml.

As i just found a few more issues with the MP-only version I would like to ask you to wait until BackupSettingsMP V0.0.0.2 will be released.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
With the new svn the plugin dont work anymore when you trying to import your backup the TV-Server Configuration will crash and close...
anyone face this problem or only me??

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
not working with newest SVN (01-07-2009)

With the new svn the plugin dont work anymore when you trying to import your backup the TV-Server Configuration will crash and close...
anyone face this problem or only me??
Same problem for me; "Failed to locate assembly 'Gentle framework, .....

Alfred

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
nikos, alfred,
i suspect you did mix up the plugins and copied them to the wrong directory.
BackupSettingsMP.dll must be copied into the mediaportal directory and not in the Tv server plugin directory.
BackupSettings.dll must be copied into the Tv server plugin directory and not in the MediaPortal plugin directory
The next version will have an installer included to avoid this. I recommend to wait for the next version.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
nikos,alfred,catavolt,der_bub,
can you try the attached testversion?
In the release folder please run install.exe and hit install. If the issue is still there please post me a log.debug file and a log.error file (with verbose debug checked).
Please note, that in 0.0.1.6 the tvserver will get restarted during import and the configuration will be temporarily closed.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I will look at it tonight if someone can post me a log.debug file and a log.error file.
What i under stand so far:
- the error happens during import - i assume you did not import data created with an older version! So the backup data were also created with version 0.0.1.5 or 0.0.1.6
- so far it happened only with XP - i have not seen any vista users reporting the issue

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
with vista here with the test version i get the same error

edit: the test version work good with the mp1 realese tvserver ,but with the new svn tvserver not i have check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom