BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hello huha!

I have noticed that in AssemblyInfo.cs of BackupSettingsMP you have [assembly: AssemblyCulture("neutral")]. Is that on purpose? Because it could cause trouble when loading assembly properties. Like in SubCentral where I'm doing Assembly.GetName() for loaded assemblies (to check if library is loaded) and it fails for BackupSettingsMP with "System.ArgumentException: Culture name 'neutral' is not supported".

Fix is simple, just replace "neutral" with "" (empty) ;)

Thanks!

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks & feedback.
    This plugin made my upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0 painless.

One thing were forgotten, the CAM module settings for FireDTV TV tuner, - in the new installation, the MP did not allow the CAM to be used until I made the proper selection again.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SilentException, thanks for the posting. I will fix this in the next version. There was no purpose behind.

Al_capone, I will need your help in debugging as i do have no CAM. I will send you a private message.

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal

Hi Huha,

i installed MePo maybe tens times, i whish i known about your plugin before !!
    I'm not really aware on how databases are stored under MePo.
    Then when you backup/restore did you do that for all database, or only default MePo database ?
    I mean there are 5 importants ones :
    - recorded : no problem easy to import under tv server settings
    - schedule : your plugin do that
    - videos database (filled with imdb for example) : i understand your plugin do it
    - music database : reading the first post i understand this is ok but needs some change in config
    - and then, the real question : moving picture ? Will this database be backed-up/restored ?

Thanks for your help

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cehes,
    the plugin will just copy and restore all folders and data in the media portal directories. There is no general answer to your question and you will need to try. If you upgrade to a MP version, where the plugin works fine without problems, then it should work. If the new MP version requires a new plugin version it may fail. I would recommend to do a backup of your complete system partition first (e.g. with Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition). Then you can upgrade and try to restore.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.1.0.0 released on 23.Aug.2010

I have released version 1.1 with some minor updates

– bug fix in assembly properties (thanks a lot to SilentException)
    – autocreation of exportfolder if "C" is being clicked
    – removed MediaPortal Client mode (use BackupSettingsMP instead)
    – added network provider for CAM settings (thanks a lot to Al_Capone)
    – added plugin support for "For The Record Recorder/Tuner" tv server plugin
    - the source code is now published for Microsoft Visual C#2010 project file

I will be out the next 2 weeks. So i left also the older version (1.0.6.0) on the server if there should be any issues.
    Have fun, huha

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal

Hi Huha,

i had a blue screen crash, and my tv database (mpdbtv) was crashed. Then i decided to restore from my last backup with your plugin but i had many error and after this wasn't ok. I seems that you do not restore the database, but that you fill it with the backed up element, then it the database is wrong you can not fill it, is it the right explanation ? Is there a workaround for that ?

tx a lot

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this plugin!

But one thing I miss...
    Could it be possible in further versions to wake up the htpc once a week to make a backup and going to sleep? That would be nice!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cehes,
    in case the database crashed it may help to reinstall the database and then do an import of the data. I saw once a thread on how to fix a corrupted data base, but never tried this.

Thor2605,
    I have thaught about automatic backup before, but it would require a major change in my code structure, which i do not want to do. As a workaround you could use a macrorecorder and start with the windows scheduler a job (including wakeup of the computer) which starts tvsetup and then the recorded script, which creates with the new C button a file name and then start exporting. Pause for some time and quit the script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom