Bad audio video sync in fullscreen mode (1 Viewer)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I would not like to categorize myself in any way, all I want is results alright? Again, what is your suggestion? Under which refresh rate is the best result obtained? And why does blu-ray players output these resolutions and modern TV:s show them in refresh rates that are multiples of 24? Is that just some adherence to media trends according to you?

As I said before: This is a support thread. If you have a clear suggestion, spit it out.

Bravoman

December 24, 2007
I have a similar audio/video sync problem, Curiously it doesn't affect most of my .mkv files (not even the 1080p-s, so it's not a performance issue). It does affect some 720p series, but mostly it's the AVIs (SD) that I have serious problems with.

They all work fine in Media Player or MP in Windowed Mode.

Have you guys found some solution yet?

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well, my problems pretty much dissappeared after I started using PowerDVD instead of CoreAVC for h.264 material. With PowerDVD I got a another problem where the sync would be off by the same amount throughout the whole video. I was able to fix this by adjusting delay in AC3Filter.

Not all is well though, in some videos where I had sync problems with CoreAVC I now have something like a stutter every few seconds. Also I really liked CoreAVC, so I would have preferred to be able to use that codec. PowerDVD isn't very configurable and I've been having some problems with black/white crush.

Anyway, maybe there is a problem with the combination Mediaportal/CoreAVC/24Hz. Right now I'm looking forward to replacing my Nvidia card with an ATI card, I'm hoping that will do something for me in regard to both sync and color space problems.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: MP/TVserver 1 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 775 1333FSB 2.66Ghz 4MB
HDD: 2x Samsung spinpoint 500GB
Memory: 2x Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM 1GB 667 CL5.0
Motherboard: Asus P5K
Video Card: XFX NVidia 9600GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: AC3 and DTS: S/PDIF
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Purevideo decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CAIW
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17b
Cooling:
Power Supply: ANTEC
Remote: Microsoft MCE 2005 remote
TV: Philips
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

I too have audio out of sync problems.
With the NGC HD channel there are 2 audiochannels: The first is an AC3 stream and the second is an unknown stream, with no audio which is chosen by default (?).
The audio is handled by Mono'something' AAC decoder and sent to my receiver through SPDIF, the video is h264 and is handled by powerdvd 8 decoder.

This is the first time I've noticed this, but then I only have NGC HD since last week. All other HD (only 3) and SD channels have good synced audio, but I think these channels are MPEG2 (how can I check this?)
I have my Panasonic plasma TV running at 50 hz at 1920x1080, which my tv should double to 100hz as I understand it.
I have a NVidia 9600GT videocard.
Sound is onboard on the mainboard.

I haven't really noticed this for other h264 AC3 files, but haven't tested it yet.
I also haven't tested a recording of NGC in MP or in another program yet. I haven't tested to set my videocard on 24hz (why would I, since it's a 25fps stream).
But I thought I'd better share this with you to show there are more people with out of sync audio with HD x264 material). The more people reporting it, the sooner we could have a solution.
But I'll test the above, now I see I'm not the only one. Other testing suggestions anyone?

...man, I guess it will be hell to find the cause...Is it the videocard, is it the sound card, is it the tv card, is it the CI-module, is it the CAM-module, is it software related like drivers/codecs/updates/conflicting programs...Hell i tell ya! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom