Bad Subtitles display only in MP! (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Can someone tell me whats wrong with subtitles in MP, because since i installed 1.2 or 1.3 pre, words like "cabrões" or "mamáda" or "píto" (some Portuguese bad words), they are displayed as "cabr%es" or "mam´Bda" or "P#to" etc etc..

Windows media player does not have this problem and using the same vobsub, and i cant find any config for this in MP.

So... whats wrong?

P.S. - bad words where just used as example since they use ~ ^ and ´ .

Any help apreciated

Best regards
Goahead

A

Anonymous

Same here

Hi all.

I have the same problem but with some swedish characters.
I´ve posted this bug on the forum jun 7and the again after the 0.1.3.0pre release. I havent heard anything or any coments so i guess this is of no interest to the developers, but i think this is a major bug.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have this problem too. If someone could just point us in the correct direction (MP config/MP source code/Vobsub?) maybe we can fix it ourselves?

A

Anonymous

Thank you frodo..its working now.

Will corrections on this matter be in the next release?.
It has been working in earlier releases so it cant be a big deal
fixing this bug.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Works like a charm.
Perhaps its time to remove that warning message (that you do not have Vobsub installed) when you install MP, since Vobsub is not needed anymore (or do I miss something here?)

A

Anonymous

Strange i have same porblem. On some testmachine i installed 0.1.3 Prerelease and all i ok. On real htpc i had 0.1.2 release , uninstalled it and installed 0.1.3 pre + updates. No way to get öäü working, some wrong characters instead. Bad thing is that i did not try subtitles under 0.1.2 as it was installed only for short time. When i run video in windows mediaplayer then .srt is running with correct characters.

A

Anonymous

No, i did not uninstall Vobsub (only reinstall). It works on another PC so it should work on HTPC too. Will upgrade to 0.1.3 final soon and then i'll try again. Will let you know if and how to get it work if possible.

A

Anonymous

Have been very busy, but finally had little time to make some investigations. My HTPC was runnig 1.3 final and test PC 1.3 pre versions, so i did not have chance to change files between them.
When i copied all MediaPortal files to test PC it also stopped to show special characters correctly.
Next I uninstalled MP and installed 1.3 final on test PC, all was ok. Next i added latest CVS updates. Error appeared again. Now I have backup of .1.3 release ( actually 3 files MediaPortal.exe, Core.dll, RemotePlugins.dll) and situation can be reproduced simply by overwiting release or CVS files.
Yesterday I also downloaded source code and compiled it, my compilation also "behaves badly". Now I will do some more tests with source code, will let you know about any progress.

PS. Offtopic, I started "Unofficial Mediaportal File Mirror" to keep most files available from one single server, still several additions to make but what is up can be accessed at
http://www.gooddvdstuff.com/index.php?page=mpimage

Sven

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom