Bad Subtitles display only in MP! (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

This is what i found so far :
in VideoPlayerVMR7.cs line 818

vobSub = filter as IDirectVobSub;

returns null for me allways , thats why the subtitle font is not changed whatever i set in configuration (forgot to mention it in last post). If i can fix this then maybe also special characters appear :)

In older versions i remember that font assignment worked, as i played with colors once :)

omadon

July 11, 2005
Finaly someone defined this as a bug, I thought that I was retarded, everything worked fine with 1.3pre and now nothing. I'm using win1250 and having the same problem. Hop somone will fix this bug or I will have to downgrade to 1.3pre

A

Anonymous

What i found out during all kind of test is that DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 2.36 works correctly
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectVobSub.htm
But of course no connection between MP subs configuration settings and DirectVobSub.
I am not pro on this area but at least configuration windows of VobSub 2.23 and DirectVobSub 2.36 are quite same, VobSub also says in window title "DirectVobSub", so looks for me like same thing, only newer.

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
I can confirm that the DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 2.36 works like a charm using Swedish subtitles. I installed the non-unicode edition from the page mentioned.

Also worth noticing: I could not use the FFDShow subtitling since this caused my subtitles to get all crazy out of sync for some reason. With VobSub it works great! And is prettier too... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom