Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP! (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry Emph, missed this - which version of which editor ? There is my AeonModEditor (yes) or the StreamedMP editor release (No) or SVN versions (disabled option currently).

Biggest problem is to get that look, regardless of editor used will mean swaping one of the fonts out for the Aeon font, StreamedMP already uses the maximum number of fonts allowed.

And the overlay requires an additional second overlay file, will amend the editor to do that...

Cheers

I got a similar look like that screenshot for my Basic Home now.

But I am having some issues though. Sometimes when I load up MediaPortal with StreamedMP, I get no menu at all, and the TV backgrounds are showing, so I have to restart the app. This only happens with this skin.

Also, in the editor, I want to have TV linked to tvhome, but the editor keeps jumping down to tvhomeserver (right below tvhome in the list). But when I open the basichome.xml, it now has the correct hyperlink -> "1" (for tvhome). Perhaps this behavioral is intended though?

Emph

Attachments

• home.jpg
      home.jpg
      218.6 KB

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi.

Where can i get a more transparency menu bar? I am using the original pure black bar, but i would love a more transparent one to show more of my backdrops...can someone share it? Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    trevor: Any idea when you'd get the editor to change the position of the now playing overlay? :D Just in case it's slipped your mind.

Emph

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Trevor, and/or anyone else who can give me an answer on this.
    Just tried your AeonMod Menu Editor for StreamedMP and it looks great ! Everything works fine. But I noticed one strange thing.
    I also have PureVision installed and when I switch to that skin it is changed too. There I have a horizontal menu as well (although with rather small fonts) and moreover the background stays black, except for Weather.
    How can that be and is that normal ? Did I do something wrong ? I didn't change anything in the PureVision folder.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Trevor, and/or anyone else who can give me an answer on this.
    Just tried your AeonMod Menu Editor for StreamedMP and it looks great ! Everything works fine. But I noticed one strange thing.
    I also have PureVision installed and when I switch to that skin it is changed too. There I have a horizontal menu as well (although with rather small fonts) and moreover the background stays black, except for Weather.
    How can that be and is that normal ? Did I do something wrong ? I didn't change anything in the PureVision folder.

Nothing like that should happen, it only looks at and changes the basichome in the StreamedMP folder..I have that combination here will test...

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Trevor. Meanwhile I found what caused my problem. I had forgotten to configure MediaPortal to start with StreamedMP and PureVison was set as skin to start with. After putting the required files in the StreamedMP folder and opening the editor, I got an error message that StreamedMP version information could not be found and that the editor would be terminated. After that PureVision was changed the way I described.
    I deleted PureVision and installed it again. Then I set StreamedMP as skin to start with and repeated the procedure for your mod and everything went fine. PureVision was not changed anymore.
    So somehow the editor, although it not really opens, does change PureVision when that is set as default skin.
    Is that behaviour to be expected ?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Trevor. Meanwhile I found what caused my problem. I had forgotten to configure MediaPortal to start with StreamedMP and PureVison was set as skin to start with. After putting the required files in the StreamedMP folder and opening the editor, I got an error message that StreamedMP version information could not be found and that the editor would be terminated. After that PureVision was changed the way I described.
    I deleted PureVision and installed it again. Then I set StreamedMP as skin to start with and repeated the procedure for your mod and everything went fine. PureVision was not changed anymore.
    So somehow the editor, although it not really opens, does change PureVision when that is set as default skin.
    Is that behaviour to be expected ?

Not at all, should not change anything unless you hit generate, seem I may have a bug (and not a nice one) - will look into this and amend.

Thanks for the report.

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For the sake of completenes: I did it a few times (had made a few system images) with PureVision or StreamedMP as default skin and got the same results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom