Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP! (1 Viewer)

Ingram

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Home Country
Fantastic! Though I wish the Weather plug-in provided accurate weather information for my City. Because it doesn't I've turned all of that off.

I just have the bar by itself now, no RSS or Twitter or Weather. About 550 Pixels in, so it's mostly down the bottom of the screen. Makes the backdrop images the centre of attention.

Will we still be able to use the Aeon 2 look? I noticed in your screens that it looks like the original mod rather then the more recent alternate one.

Cheers.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fantastic! Though I wish the Weather plug-in provided accurate weather information for my City. Because it doesn't I've turned all of that off.

I just have the bar by itself now, no RSS or Twitter or Weather. About 550 Pixels in, so it's mostly down the bottom of the screen. Makes the backdrop images the centre of attention.

Will we still be able to use the Aeon 2 look? I noticed in your screens that it looks like the original mod rather then the more recent alternate one.

Cheers.

Not in that version, I will release a enhanced version in this thread that supports that look and also will be used as a basis for mods going forward. The actual skin supplied editor is designed for the skin and it's look so we felt it was best to keep mods out of it and make it as simple as possible.

Ingram

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Home Country
What do I need to change in the basichome.xml so that the wallpaper images are different upon each load, but do not rotate at all? I get a slight pause in video playback every x amount of time I have the image rotation set, so it's not very ideal to have it rotating.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
What do I need to change in the basichome.xml so that the wallpaper images are different upon each load, but do not rotate at all? I get a slight pause in video playback every x amount of time I have the image rotation set, so it's not very ideal to have it rotating.

Not possibe as such this, BasicHome uses multiimage to display the backgrounds which allow for the random image and rotation. The only way I think you may be able to do is to change the <timeperimage> value (which is in miliseconds) to 86400000 (24hrs (60x60x24x1000)) which will give you a random image when you startup MP or return to the menu and rotate every 24hrs.

This will need to be changed in all the background multiimage controls, TV & TV Series shown.

Code:
  <control>
   <description>TV, SERIES BACKGROUND</description>
   <id>1204</id>
   <type>multiimage</type>
   <imagepath>tv</imagepath>
   [COLOR=red]<timeperimage>30000</timeperimage>[/COLOR]
   <randomize>True</randomize>
   <fadetime>800</fadetime>
   <loop>yes</loop>
   <posx>0</posx>
   <posy>0</posy>
   <width>1280</width>
   <height>720</height>
   <visible>Control.IsVisible(1004)|Control.IsVisible(1005)</visible>
   <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">VisibleChange</animation>
  </control>

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
I've just started using this mod, it's fantastic! I have one issue which I can't work out. On my HTPC, I want TV, Series, Movies, Music, and Weather. On my client I want TV, Series, Movies, and Weather.

By default the mod looks like this:

example2.png

I am new to xml so I decided to try the editor to remove the "settings" tab on my HTPC (I don't use the infoservice plugin), and as soon as I remove settings and generate it, it looks like this:

example1f.png

Any ideas? Thanks!

Dibujor

Portal Member
January 11, 2010
Home Country
Spain Spain
You have to look at the Fonts tab in the menu editor and make sure both Focused & Unfocused fonts are the same: mediastream28tc. (or whatever you like) :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to get this look (the font) with the menu editor:
    preview4.jpg

If so, how?

Also I have a feature request for the editor, to be able to move the Basic Home "now playing" overlay. I really like to move my menu down to the bottom of the screen, and this is where the "now playing" overlay appears.

Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Is it possible to get this look (the font) with the menu editor:
    preview4.jpg

If so, how?

Also I have a feature request for the editor, to be able to move the Basic Home "now playing" overlay. I really like to move my menu down to the bottom of the screen, and this is where the "now playing" overlay appears.

Emph

Sorry Emph, missed this - which version of which editor ? There is my AeonModEditor (yes) or the StreamedMP editor release (No) or SVN versions (disabled option currently).

Biggest problem is to get that look, regardless of editor used will mean swaping one of the fonts out for the Aeon font, StreamedMP already uses the maximum number of fonts allowed.

And the overlay requires an additional second overlay file, will amend the editor to do that...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom