[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to see an updated editor with possibility to edit the standard home layout. For my kids that should be enough and easy for them.

tomhai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Music module is missing the option to select 'Shares' as a parameter. And when nothing is selected it forces the choice at the top of the list Album Artist.
    The Share view is not an option that is defined inside the Music configuration views.
    I think that the "Shares" option is still missing, right?
    Unfortunately this is my preferred view in the music section.
    Is there any workaround to force the "Shares" view in the music section when using the Titan skin?

Thanks for your help.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I think that the "Shares" option is still missing, right?
    Unfortunately this is my preferred view in the music section.
    Is there any workaround to force the "Shares" view in the music section when using the Titan skin?

Thanks for your help.

+1. Shares is also my default view, but right now every time I go into Music, I have to use several clicks to change the view to Shares from the menu before I can see my music. Is there no way to do this? Is it more of a big deal than it sounds? Is the solution or workaround so obvious that people are embarassed to point it out? Do only morons use the Shares view? Anybody?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

Thanks for your help.

tomhai, the following workaround worked for me, however the setting will probably be overwritten any time you make changes with the basichome editor, so it's not really a satisfactory solution. Take a backup of the edited file, and the location I've listed is in Windows 7, it may be different for you. Also you may need to set windows explorer to show hidden files and folders.

1. In windows explorer, navigate to "c:\users\all users\team mediaportal\mediaportal"
    2. Find "Titan.xml", and open it in notepad
    3. Find the section beginning "<section name="TitanBasicHome">"
    4. Look for the lines relating to the music button (the "2" in the entry name parameters below will be different depending on the position of the music item in your particular configuration);
    Code:
      <entry name="menuItemName2">Music</entry>
      <entry name="menuItemIcon2">Music</entry>
      <entry name="menuItemHyperlink2">504</entry>
    5. Where I have 504 (you may have something else), change that to 501
    6. Save the file, and start MediaPortal.

We can but hope the devs will make a proper fix for this at some point, but that works for now.

tomhai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks for your help.

tomhai, the following workaround worked for me, however the setting will probably be overwritten any time you make changes with the basichome editor, so it's not really a satisfactory solution. Take a backup of the edited file, and the location I've listed is in Windows 7, it may be different for you. Also you may need to set windows explorer to show hidden files and folders.

1. In windows explorer, navigate to "c:\users\all users\team mediaportal\mediaportal"
    2. Find "Titan.xml", and open it in notepad
    3. Find the section beginning "<section name="TitanBasicHome">"
    4. Look for the lines relating to the music button (the "2" in the entry name parameters below will be different depending on the position of the music item in your particular configuration);
    Code:
      <entry name="menuItemName2">Music</entry>
      <entry name="menuItemIcon2">Music</entry>
      <entry name="menuItemHyperlink2">504</entry>
    5. Where I have 504 (you may have something else), change that to 501
    6. Save the file, and start MediaPortal.

We can but hope the devs will make a proper fix for this at some point, but that works for now.
    That works well. Thank you very much !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom