[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have been trying to get used to Titan basic home, but have some issues.

- As the submenu opens next to the tile selected, it makes further navigation unintuitive. If I have TV submenu open and want to move to Moving Pictures, I have to first click left and then right. Wouldn't it be better to have the submenu open to the same space with the selected tile (I visioned the selected tile flipping over and submenu being on the backside or something similar)?

- Navigating between the pages in basic home is sometimes odd.
-> no animation going back to first page.
-> on second page if you click right when on right most tile, selection skips to left most tile and then when you click left, the page changes. Please remove the possibility to skip from right to left tile or make it to skip left tile on first page.
-> if you click down to "power"-menu on second page, page changes into first.

- Would be nice to be able to adjust the size and amount of tiles on basic home when the editor is released (to have maybe two tiles in the space of one for some plugins could be useful).

Even with these issues, one of the best skins ever. Hopefully soon The Best. :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

- As the submenu opens next to the tile selected, it makes further navigation unintuitive. If I have TV submenu open and want to move to Moving Pictures, I have to first click left and then right. Wouldn't it be better to have the submenu open to the same space with the selected tile (I visioned the selected tile flipping over and submenu being on the backside or something similar)?

Sounds sweet!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

- Navigating between the pages in basic home is sometimes odd.
    -> no animation going back to first page.
    -> on second page if you click right when on right most tile, selection skips to left most tile and then when you click left, the page changes. Please remove the possibility to skip from right to left tile or make it to skip left tile on first page.
    -> if you click down to "power"-menu on second page, page changes into first.

- Would be nice to be able to adjust the size and amount of tiles on basic home when the editor is released (to have maybe two tiles in the space of one for some plugins could be useful).

Even with these issues, one of the best skins ever. Hopefully soon The Best. :)

I totaly agree with all of this.. Good findings!! :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

If someone is interested, i can publish my basichome mod of the Titan skin.

Changes i have done:
    - only one Page with 6 tiles
    - added some buttons (Emulators2, Tools (with Submenu)
    - added submenus to Music, Tools and Videos (in my Case)...normally TV-Series
    - added the "feature" WsQ has mentioned above...i didnt like that too :)

Some Screenshots:

Titan_BasicHomeMod_Movies.jpg Titan_BasicHomeMod_Music.jpg Titan_BasicHomeMod_Tools.jpg Titan_BasicHomeMod_TV.jpg Titan_BasicHomeMod_Videos.jpg

For me its just fine because these plugins are my most used ones and everything else can be accessed otherwise if needed.
    So if someone is interested in my mod or in a guide to add a submenu just let me know :)

EDIT: Sorry i read your posting wrong @WsQ. my submenus opens like the standard titan submenus but...
    if you have opened the TV submenu it opens at the position the MovingPictures button is, but if you are pressing to the right inside the submenu, you will close the submenu and set the focus to the movingictures tile.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

If someone is interested, i can publish my basichome mod of the Titan skin.

Changes i have done:
    - only one Page with 6 tiles
    - added some buttons (Emulators2, Tools (with Submenu)
    - added submenus to Music, Tools and Videos (in my Case)...normally TV-Series
    - added the "feature" WsQ has mentioned above...i didnt like that too :)

Some Screenshots:

View attachment 118387 View attachment 118388 View attachment 118389 View attachment 118390 View attachment 118391

For me its just fine because these plugins are my most used ones and everything else can be accessed otherwise if needed.
    So if someone is interested in my mod or in a guide to add a submenu just let me know :)

Well, I would like to give it a try! Not optimal for me, but better than the current one.. :)

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Everyone! Quick question!
    Why do I not have an icon for myemulator 2 in basic home menu?
    How can I get one? :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I would like to give it a try! Not optimal for me, but better than the current one.. :)

Yes i think the best way is to write a small guide for adding submenus. I made it modular so you just need to copy my submenu files, deleting the original Button inside BasicHome.xml and import my files i created for my custom Tiles/ Buttons. i think this shouldnt take longer than 2 minutes for one button. I just have to sort out some smaller issues with my skinfile names and cleaning up the code..[DOUBLEPOST=1356886977][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just copy the file to the "Media" folder inside the Titan skin folder and clean the skincache!

Attachments

• basichome_button_myemulators2.png
      basichome_button_myemulators2.png
      176 KB
    Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes i think the best way is to write a small guide for adding submenus. I made it modular so you just need to copy my submenu files, deleting the original Button inside BasicHome.xml and import my files i created for my custom Tiles/ Buttons. i think this shouldnt take longer than 2 minutes for one button. I just have to sort out some smaller issues with my skinfile names and cleaning up the code..

Well, personally I know how to customize the menus myself, but I hope there will be an editor soon.. Everytime now that there is an Titan update that also contains a "Basichome.xml" the settings are lost.. So let's hope there will be an update of Titan extended soon that contains an editor.. If it take more than a few months I will costomize the basichome myself..

But the one you provide is for me a lot better than the default one, so I will try it.. :)

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes i think the best way is to write a small guide for adding submenus. I made it modular so you just need to copy my submenu files, deleting the original Button inside BasicHome.xml and import my files i created for my custom Tiles/ Buttons. i think this shouldnt take longer than 2 minutes for one button. I just have to sort out some smaller issues with my skinfile names and cleaning up the code..[DOUBLEPOST=1356886977][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just copy the file to the "Media" folder inside the Titan skin folder and clean the skincache!

Thanks!
    How do i clean the skin cache?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom