[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

karhill

Portal Member
March 19, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been trying to get used to Titan basic home, but have some issues.

- As the submenu opens next to the tile selected, it makes further navigation unintuitive. If I have TV submenu open and want to move to Moving Pictures, I have to first click left and then right. Wouldn't it be better to have the submenu open to the same space with the selected tile (I visioned the selected tile flipping over and submenu being on the backside or something similar)?

I agree that submenu navigation is counter-intuitive. I've watched several people, new to medialportal, struggle with the submenu navigation.

It's an easy 1-line change in the xml to eliminate the submenus for the main TV button in the Titan skin. Clicking the button goes directly to the main TV screen. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titan-skin-modification-a-simple-start.118067/ It eliminates the submenus, which you may not want, but it's more intuitive.

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland

- As the submenu opens next to the tile selected, it makes further navigation unintuitive. If I have TV submenu open and want to move to Moving Pictures, I have to first click left and then right. Wouldn't it be better to have the submenu open to the same space with the selected tile (I visioned the selected tile flipping over and submenu being on the backside or something similar)?

I agree that submenu navigation is counter-intuitive. I've watched several people, new to medialportal, struggle with the submenu navigation.

It's an easy 1-line change in the xml to eliminate the submenus for the main TV button in the Titan skin. Clicking the button goes directly to the main TV screen. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titan-skin-modification-a-simple-start.118067/ It eliminates the submenus, which you may not want, but it's more intuitive.

I have created my own theme to fix some issues described above (submenus open to same space with selected tile): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/theme-xanadu.116277/

Songok

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Yeah, same issue with the submenus here. For both tv and moving pics it is very counter intuitive.
    Personally I would prefer to go to the section and then choose the subsection from there.
    Keep up the great work, really looking forward to the editor :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used to dislike the TV submenu but now I find it quite useful. If I want to go straight to live TV, I can just press that button on my remote. If I want to search the TV guide or view upcoming scheduled recordings, I can press Green and use the sub-menu.

tomakas123

Portal Member
    March 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    To be or not to be this year of BasicHome Editor ? Almost half of year past, but no alfa, no beta. And at all maybe all screenshorts made with Photoshop :)

momeijer

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    high-expectations.jpg

Learning XML - Overview

:)

luis7

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2012
    Home Country