BasicHome menu and MovingPictures filtering (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,

I'm quite new to MediaPortal (1.3.0.0 Alpha) in general as well as for the related plugins and skins.

Actually I'm just playing making some proofs with StreamedMP BasicHome Editor (of StreamedMP Skin 1.8.0). In particular I’m trying to personalize the main menu adding the two entries "WATCH A DRAMA" and "WATCH A COMEDY" both of them related to the MovingPictures plugin. For the first one I have set "Drama" in the Parameter list and "Commedia" for the second one. My movies list consists of just two titles: “The Road” (Dramma) and “Whatever Works” (Commedia).

The issue is that independently the menu I select, both films are listed without any filtering at all (e.g. if I enter in WATCH A DRAMA, both movies are listed; I was expecting to see only “The Road”).

I hope that the information I provided are sufficient to help you in finding a solution or, better, understand where I made some mistake.

Any help on this issue is more than welcome.

Thanks anyway for your great work!

Alex

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1st thing you need to do is ensure you have created categories in movingpics that filter exactly what you want to do. Then in StreamedMP BasicHome menu editor point your menu items to the corresponding movpics categories.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks a lot for the reply!

All is working correctly now: what I was meissing was "only" to enable "Organize movies by catagories" in the GUI Settings tab of the MovingPictures configuration!

I take the occasion to ask another short thing: is there a way to change the scroll down speed of the text for the movie summary? Now is going very fast and I'm not able to read it!!!! ;-)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, you can change that in MediaPortal settings. Its available from GUI and in Config tool, but dont have it in front of me right now to tell you exactly where. From memory its something like GUI->Settings->General

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks again, this was less tricky than the first issue! ;-)

Have a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom