[fixed] BassPlayer bug (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Does skip step works on the same button as FF/REW (TOPBER/Remote etc.) when option is checked. ?
    I can't test right now but if yes, maybe remove it / change wiki and hide this option and enable it by default is the good way to do :)
    But why it was working before the rework and why wasapi is ok ? (just question :) )

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does skip step works on the same button as FF/REW (TOPBER/Remote etc.) when option is checked. ?

Yes, it works with the same buttons.

But why it was working before the rework and why wasapi is ok ? (just question )

WASAPI doesn't rely on the buffer. it works more direct with the device.

The whole BASS rework made the player much more stable and introduced new features, like WASAPI.
    I don't want to make now any changes just because of the REW.
    In fact using a lower buffer would work anyhow.

We were having skip steps in versions pre 1.2 only and then someone decided that he would like to have FF / REW the same way like on a DVD player. for whatever reason.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So @hwahrmann

based on testing, do you feel that

- 0004463: [Music] Wrong error message on thumbs create during music folder scan (hwahrmann) - ready for testing.
    - 0004466: [Music] FF and REW produces wrong result wiith standard BASS Player (hwahrmann) - ready for testing.
    - 0004451: [Music] GetStreamTags() has been removed as part of BASS Rework by accident (hwahrmann) - ready for testing.

are all safe and ready to merge?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @hwahrmann could you just explain what
    Code:
    		TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now - _seekUpdate;
    		if (_speed > 1 && ts.TotalMilliseconds > 120)
    		{
    		  SeekForward(80 * _speed);
    		  _seekUpdate = DateTime.Now;
    		}
    		else if (_speed < 0 && ts.TotalMilliseconds > 120)
    		{
    		  SeekReverse(80 * -_speed);
    		  _seekUpdate = DateTime.Now;
    		}
    	  }
    does.
    Is the TimeSpan just to prevent skipping too often? (so if it has been last than 120 seconds since process was last called then this gets ignored?)

In terms of REW would it work if we added ts.TotalMilliseconds to the value passed to SeekReverse ?
    else without this if Process is called every 20 ms then the skip would be called every 7 calls so ts.TotalMiilliseconds = 140 and if you are running at 2x REW then we are currently trying to seek to 80 * -2 = -160 ms but we have jumped forward 160 ms so the net result is we are basically back where we started ??

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Unfortunatley / Fortunatley this code is not from me. :)
    The timespan is there to prevent skipping to often.
    I am looking already into a way, like you described in your above post.
    I have now about 2 hours time and will sort that out.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Using the suggestions given by Mike above solved the issue.
    Changes have been commited to the branch. Please test and let me know, so that it can be merged to master.

Users who are viewing this thread