[fixed] BassPlayer bug (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes... i have the problem with mp3 on local disk.... rockstar works... i just mean if i change to wasapi , rockstar not work...

And what is your buffer size?
    did you lower it?
    And what is preventing you from using Skip steps?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Terra said: ↑ btw. Is it possible that the "Skip Step" option in the BASS configuration dialog has also effect if I select WASAPI as the player? It seems so because if this BASS option is enabled also WASAPI jumps. You are also experience this? Not really a huge bug but confusing as the option is only availabe in the dedicated BASS Player Options

Yes the options are also available for WASAPI.
    I should probaly change the Text in the Tab to "General Player Settings"

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i change buffer to 0.20

Fast forward works perfekt :whistle:

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So is it possible to change buffer on live ? :)
    Could be nice to decrease it to 0.2 on ff/rew or maybe something else to do on bass side ? :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So is it possible to change buffer on live ?

I can change it on the fly, but if i do that on FF /rew, then we will loose info from the buffer.

How often do you use FF / Rew?
    it is not worth doing that, if setting the buffer to the right values solves it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So is it possible to change buffer on live ?

I can change it on the fly, but if i do that on FF /rew, then we will loose info from the buffer.

How often do you use FF / Rew?
    it is not worth doing that, if setting the buffer to the right values solves it.

It seems, that to avoid the 'trrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' when doing think over network or other thing, increase buffer is the way to do (i did the test with wasapi) i need to look if it happen with bass engine :)

All that to say that yes maybe some user need higher buffer and then maybe run into ff/rew issue.

I use it sometimes to go to the part of song i want or on big files that content 1H of music for example :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    for me it's a BUG

NO. It is not a bug.
    The buffer needs to be played. and if your skipping is less than what is in the buffer, you have the result as described.
    I encountered this issue in pre-release testing.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...he-build-to-release.118963/page-4#post-994073

Okay, so I wasn't very clear about it... but since nobody responded I thought it was just an XP thing. :oops:

Maybe in technical terms the behaviour is a consequence of the setting value, however the user is not going to know that. Hence it looks bad for MP.

1. lower the buffer as much as possible
    Okay... but default settings should allow FF/RW to work, and an automatic workaround that actually removes all possibility to encounter the problem would be far superior.

2. OR use WASAPI
    Not possible in some cases (ie. the XP factor!). ;)

3. OR use Skip steps
    This is a valid workaround... but if the FF/RW option is available people will attempt to use it, and IMO it should "just work".

Users who are viewing this thread