BBC HD on DVB-S? (i.e. not S2) (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Did you get any software with the card, may be worth trying to run that up and see if you can get BBC HD to work with the native s/w.
    The native software is Hauppauge WinTV, which is really nasty and pretty unstable. But FWIW I just tried tuning BBC HD with it - it found it, but described it as a "radio channel". Trying to watch it crashed the application back to the desktop (but no BSOD or reboot).

I've tried another h264 codec in MP (an ATI one presumably installed with the graphic card driver) and it doesn't reboot now, but hangs MP so all you can do is close it. Perhaps all three of my h264 codecs are broken - although filmerit doesn't seem to think so.

Rob

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Did you get any software with the card, may be worth trying to run that up and see if you can get BBC HD to work with the native s/w.
    The native software is Hauppauge WinTV, which is really nasty and pretty unstable. But FWIW I just tried tuning BBC HD with it - it found it, but described it as a "radio channel". Trying to watch it crashed the application back to the desktop (but no BSOD or reboot).

Rob

Know how bad hat app is but it does still require the installed codes to be correct - still looking like a code issue

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Logs attached if it helps. Last thing I did was try to tune BBC HD using that ATI codec. MP froze and had to be closed.

Rob

Hmmm - double post... lost the attachment last time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom