BBC iPlayer (UK) (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard Hi I'm getting "Unable to Play the Video. No URL" for all BBC Iplayer content:(, it started around mid morning today, earlier it was OK. BBC Live is still working as is ITV Live and all ITV catchup content I have tried. I can viewBBC Iplayer programs via my browser without problem. How is it looking for you?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    Sorry to be a pain but since your last fix (y) most things have been working great, just very occaisionally I get a hard error (see screenshot bbc2) when trying to play some Iplayer content, seems to be older vids in the A-Z section (Most Popular section always seems to be 100% OK). With respect to the failing vid. example in the screenshot I thought to try and select a different quality and noted that the "Limelight" version was at the bottom of the list (see screenshot bbc3) which, as I understand it, would be used for auto selection when enabled. Manually selecting the limelight version gave me the failure but the "akamai version plays without problem. From memory I do not believe my set up has ever been able to play limelight content:(, should it?
    The default setting on my HTPC is to auto select best quality for the BBC, so if that were a limelight vid it will certainly give me the error. Having said that I am somewhat unsure since last night I tried several times to play the vid Bikes (Cookstown 100), without success and ended up watching it via the browser, but this morning it plays in OLV and its best quality version is now, at least, akamai.:confused:
    Any idea what is going on?
    bbc2.jpg bbc3.jpg

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try and take a look at this later today.

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Only live TV working for me :-(

Everything else is "Error starting playback. Connection is lost, cannot reopen."

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Most BBC catchup content is still working OK for me, the exception is as reported previously, where a "limelight" vid is at the bottom (highest priority) of the list, e.g. that Abba vid.
    @huckster2 Try "Have I got News For You" in the Popular section, that works for me.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom