BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Perhaps the new requirement to have a iplayer account and sign in is creeping in ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps the new requirement to have a iplayer account and sign in is creeping in ?
    Could be, I did note a suggestion to set up an account in advance of it becomming required last time I viewed Iplayer content via my browser. :eek:
    On the other hand to view ITV catchup content via a browser requires an account, and has done for some years but does not appear to be needed, at least individually, when viewing via Online Videos. I will be interested to see if @Brownard has any comments on that.;)
    @huckster2 Can you play the content via your browser?

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Went back and tried a few things - all were not limelight at the bottom and all worked.

Never had a problem with using things from a browser, but I prefer MP as I sometimes download to ensure it is there when I want it.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like BBC 3 TV has moved, again, see attached screenshot. All the other catagories I use Live, Most Popular and A-Z are working fine.
    bbc3.jpg

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like BBC 3 TV has moved, again, see attached screenshot. All the other catagories I use Live, Most Popular and A-Z are working fine.
    Can you unzip and replace the attached OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.dll to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos' and give it a try.
    Update the site in the usual way and give it a try.

@offbyone I can't seem to [re]register my email so can't use the site updater, I don't ever get the email with the password. I've reinstalled MP at some point so it lost my previous registration, usually I can just re-register though...
    EDIT: I found an old registration email and managed to update the site but there's still potentially an issue with sending the registration emails

Last edited:

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    @Brownard. I am trying to watch Bolt's race at Golden Spike under Athletics with no success. Funny thing is it's the only one that doesn't work. The other athletics videos are ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    mpsam

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard There is a problem with ITV catchup, Live is still OK. Either I get "No URL" when I select a vid from a catagory, see first screenshot, or the is no content displayed in a catagory, see second creenshot.
    I know the same problem has been reported elsewhere but my advice to post it here was not followed and I wanted to be sure you were aware of it.;)
    Hope you can help.
    itv1.jpg itv2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard Help
    Now the BBC Iplayer content is no longer working for me:eek:, Live and strangely enough "Most Popular" are still OK but everything else I have tried (A-Z, BBC3TV, etc.) is as per the attached screenshot.:( No problems with the same vids via my browser.
    A-Z.jpg

ITV UPDATE 2:- Correction, my browser was blocking a redirect, ITV catchup is now working for me via my browser, but still not in MP.:(

ITV UPDATE:- Can someone in the UK check if the ITV catchup content works via a browser, when I tried this morning I get some commercials then nothing or just nothing, (nothing being ITVs equivalent of the spinning circle). Live was OK.:unsure:

I

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom