BBC iPlayer (UK) (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard Brilliant, many thanks all looking very good. (y)

Thanks again, your ongoing support on this is really very much appreciated.:)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very sorry but I have to report further problems with BBC.:(
    For the last 2 days in the Live category I can only get BBC 1 and BBC News, BBC2 and all the others in this section don't play and produce an error every time (see attached screenshot).
    Also, a somehat older problem, the BBC 3 category no longer shows any content, though the same is also true for BBC1-4, other categories (Most popular. A-Z etc.) are still OK.
    All ITV seems to be still working well.(y)
    bbc.jpg

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also, a somehat older problem, the BBC 3 category no longer shows any content, though the same is also true for BBC1-4, other categories (Most popular. A-Z etc.) are still OK.
    Thanks, this should now be fixed.
    For the last 2 days in the Live category I can only get BBC 1 and BBC News, BBC2 and all the others in this section don't play and produce an error every time
    All channels seem to be working here, can you post some logs?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    Hi
    Any progress on this or anything in those logs that may show if the problem is at my end, though I am seeing the identicle symptoms on 2 PCs. As of this morning I can still view BBC1 and News but nothing else from the Live section.:(

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @Brownard
    Hi
    Any progress on this or anything in those logs that may show if the problem is at my end, though I am seeing the identicle symptoms on 2 PCs. As of this morning I can still view BBC1 and News but nothing else from the Live section.:(
    Sorry this slipped off my radar. Looking at the logs it seems that the url is returning 403 Forbidden, so it doesn't like something about your connection (it all works OK here). Only thing I can think of is that it's geoblocked or a VPN/proxy issue.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry this slipped off my radar. Looking at the logs it seems that the url is returning 403 Forbidden, so it doesn't like something about your connection (it all works OK here). Only thing I can think of is that it's geoblocked or a VPN/proxy issue.

Thanks for that I will look into the geoblocking as a possibility, as mentioned I can still view BBC2/4 live on the Iplayer via my browser but maybe something happened with the vpn and the direct urls.:eek: It is a bit strange that just putting the BBC 1 URL from the log in my browser I do get audio (via vlc) with BBC2 absolutley nothing and doing the same without vpn BBC 1 gives an error "Access denied, no permission" but BBC 2 still just nothing.:unsure:

UPDATE:-
    This problem has been resolved at my end. Many thanks.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh dear, further problems with the BBC.:( As of this evening none of the Iplayer content is working and the BBC 3 section is empty, Live is still OK. ITV is also all OK as far as I have tested. See attached screenshot and logs when attempting to play the latest episode of Only Connect from the A-Z section but same error for everything except Live, (Tried with 2 different VPNs) the same content plays fine via my browser.
    Hope you can help.
    bbc.jpg

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    As of this evening none of the Iplayer content is working
    Playback seems to be working OK here, even for the video you tried, so not sure about the cause at the moment :confused:
    BBC 3 section is empty
    Looks like they've changed the layout for the channel specific listings, I'll fix this in the next couple of days.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again
    Did you do something? If so many thanks. (y) While troubleshooting the problem this morning it suddenly started working with Iplayer content, :) though not due to anything I did (confirmed also on another PC which had also the same problem):confused:. It is now OK via my main VPN though is still failing on the free one, which is not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom