BBC iPlayer (UK) (3 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seems to be working OK here, can you post your logs?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the logs, the source splitter is unable to play the stream yet the exact same stream works fine for me :confused:
    Maybe @georgius can shed some more light, although it looks like a problem with rtmplib.

Anybody else having issues?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Thanks for the logs, the source splitter is unable to play the stream yet the exact same stream works fine for me :confused:
    Maybe @georgius can shed some more light, although it looks like a problem with rtmplib.

Anybody else having issues?
    There is nothing specific, just remote server sends message: "Failed to play (stream ID: 1).". My guess, is that in url is something missing. If it is possible, try rtmpsuck, if in connection to remote server aren't some hidden parameters.

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to send all requests through the proxy in settings? From what i understand, the media itself doesn't come in over the proxy. I'm finding that with a VPN up, and everything being tunneled via the UK, I am able to play everything. With the VPN off, and only using the proxy set in the OnlineVideo settings, I find that non-HD videos then fail to play. Could possibly be a CDN thing - HD stuff is Level 3, and SD is Akami and Limelight (which both don't work).

I've attached log files trying different CDNs with the proxy set in options. Only the Level3 (2500k) one works. If I was tunneling everything via a VPN they would all work.

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I'll take a look. I doubt that routing all requests through the proxy is going to help as they essentially just get the id of the video and shouldn't influence the requests for the stream url - I'll try and test it out though.

Are you able to try a different proxy? Would you mind PM'ing me your proxy settings?

Last edited:

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heres the log with the VPN on and the proxy settings disabled so everything goes via the UK. All three CDNs work fine, whereas only Level 3 works with the VPN off and using the HTTP proxy setting.

I'm running the HTTP proxy myself on my local network as a way to only send relevant stuff via a UK based VPN, so I don't need to keep the VPN enabled on all devices all the time just to get access to UK based stuff. What I was hoping to do - use the HTTP proxy for the actual streams - might not even work if the streams aren't HTTP, so I might need to re-think my setup altogether - perhaps use a SOCKS proxy, but then I need to work out how to only send to stuff I want over it...

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    What I was hoping to do - use the HTTP proxy for the actual streams - might not even work if the streams aren't HTTP, so I might need to re-think my setup altogether - perhaps use a SOCKS proxy, but then I need to work out how to only send to stuff I want over it...

I think this is probably your problem, the streams use the rtmp protocol so won't use the http proxy - the Level 3 CDN is possibly not geoblocked.

I think that librtmp allows a socks proxy to be specified so it may be possible to configure this when starting playback - hopefully @georgius can confirm.

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've set up Proxifier in the mean time to only tunnel bbc.co.uk and the relevant cdn requests using socks. Being able to configure and use socks natively though would be awesome if its possible.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    II'm getting No URL when I attempt to play BBC Live, Iplayer catchup content is working OK.
    All help and advice much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom