BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just fixed an issue with ITV when you try to play a video you've just played.
    Cold Blood seems to work OK with me, can you update the site and try again?

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    Thanks for looking at it. I updated and tried it again and had the same problem. Note that it is with the second episode of each season so 1x2 and 2x2 that the problem exists. The first episode of each season works fine.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    They are definitely working here. If you post your OnlineVideos.log after a failed playback (remember to set log verbosity to debug) I will take a look.

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think that librtmp allows a socks proxy to be specified so it may be possible to configure this when starting playback - hopefully @georgius can confirm.

Did anything come of this? Is using a socks proxy for playback itself possible without using an external workaround (proxifier etc)?

IPlayer appears to be throwing errors, although I can't rule out a network problem as I use a VPN, although it works in a browser.

Here's OnlineVideos.log with verbosity set to debug: http://pastebin.com/Jpd5uAFq

Last edited:

joesploggs

Portal Member
    April 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Is anyone else finding that the HD streams no longer work for iPlayer? The default resolution of 832 x 468 1500kbps works fine.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, no longer working for me. The 832 x 468 1500kbps hasn't worked for me for months now so not having the HD stream is a little disappointing for me.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The program info. that is displayed when selecting Live BBC or ITV channels sems to be based on local time rather than UK time. For example if local time is GMT +1 hour the program info. displayed will be +1 hour in advance of what is currently playing, is there any way to correct this?

P.S. ref. the previous post 832x 468 1500kps may not be working but for HD use 1280 x 780 2800kps akamai which works great!;)

joesploggs

Portal Member
    April 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    P.S. ref. the previous post 832x 468 1500kps may not be working but for HD use 1280 x 780 2800kps akamai which works great!;)

Hi joecrow- I am experiencing the opposite to you. 1280 x 720 akamai gives me a connection error but 832 x 468 works fine.
    I really miss the HD stream. Any ideas why we would be different?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    The program info. that is displayed when selecting Live BBC or ITV channels sems to be based on local time rather than UK time. For example if local time is GMT +1 hour the program info. displayed will be +1 hour in advance of what is currently playing, is there any way to correct this?
    This is something that I'll need to correct in the code, as you've noticed it just does a very crude comparison between the guide time and your system time.

I have no idea about some of the streams not working, logs may help, I rarely have issues myself

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi joecrow- I am experiencing the opposite to you. 1280 x 720 akamai gives me a connection error but 832 x 468 works fine.
    I really miss the HD stream. Any ideas why we would be different?

Hi joesploggs
    I'm no expert on this, just a user but I did a double check and for BBC Iplayer programs all the akamai streams work fine for me and all the others (limelight and level 3) including the default (832 x 468 limelight) fail with a connection error. For Live BBC TV the default highest speed stream works fine. Are you connecting via a VPN/DNS service? Could there be a difference there or codecs maybe? I'm more than happy to provide further info. here on my setup for comparison purposes if that will help, also see my system specs ("HTPC").
    This is something that I'll need to correct in the code, as you've noticed it just does a very crude comparison between the guide time and your system time.

I have no idea about some of the streams not working, logs may help, I rarely have issues myself
    No urgency there Brownard but maybe add it to the wishlist, and/or it would be real neat to be able to have a days worth of program guide available to view. Keep up the good work (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom