BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BBC Live has never worked as far as I can tell. Well, it hasn't for me at least.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am fairly sure it did work in the past for me both on MP 1 & 2 with Win 7, albeit none to reliably as I recall but for sure not the No URL error I am now getting with the current MP 1 and OV (all latest) and Win 10. BBC Live is still working on my HTPC (Win 7) in WMC and the TunerfreeMCE plugin, so it seems the stream is still available! Any chance someone could take a look at it? I am looking to use MP as a replacement for WMC but no BBC Live would be a showstopper,
    Also the ITV player looks to be, on a quick test, 100% faulty at present, anyone else seeing that?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah the iPlayer live streams are broken, I had a look a little while ago but couldn't get them to work - I can get what looks like the right urls but they aren't playable for some reason.

I was using ITV Player yesterday without issue, could you not get any shows to play?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [QUOTE="Brownard, post: 1150035, member: 48291"

I was using ITV Player yesterday without issue, could you not get any shows to play?[/QUOTE]

Following an OV updated when I started up ealier, the only sections in the ITV player now showing content are the A-Z and Live. Everything I tried in the A-Z played fine but all channels in Live give me th.e No URL error. When I tried it yesterday I went to the ITV 3 section (not in Live) which was showing content and tried "A Touch of Frost" it and several other things I tried did not work but I did not try from the A-Z at that time.

Regarding BBC Live the Flash Player in TunerfreeMCE shows the following when playing BBC1 Live. 1500kps⎸HDS(akamai-hds)⎸bbc_one_london⎸896x504
    Don't know if that helps.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    The ITV categories are indeed broken, I will try and push a fix for that. That looks like the same bbc streams I am trying to play...they are possibly encrypted

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just pushed an update. Categories should now work on ITV Player and live streams should work for both ITV Player and iPlayer :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1 on that.(y)

ITV is now looking good and both ITV and BBC Live are working:)
    Great work, many many thanks.

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    @Brownard

Thanks for fixing these.

One observation. There are some episodes of shows on ITV that gives no URL for playing or downloading. An example is Cold Blood 1x2 and 2x2. The interesting thing is even when it rebroadcasted/re-posted, the same episodes give the error. Almost like a broken link is being re-posted.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom