BBC iPlayer (UK) (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The attached log is of the BBC with stutter on MP2 with MPUrlSourceSplitter in use, but as mentioned I do not see a log for the splitter but maybe you can find something.

Best I can do in the future is make it configurable in OV if you want to use MPUrlSourceSplitter or not

I think that would be really good functionality improvement. If it could be configurable from the in MP1 rather than in MP Config. that would be excellent.:)

Attachments

• 330275_MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-05-10-15.05.57.zip
      319.4 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The attached log is of the BBC with stutter on MP2 with MPUrlSourceSplitter in use, but as mentioned I do not see a log for the splitter but maybe you can find something.
    I'm not really experienced with MP2, but a first look at it doesn't reveal any hints about the mpurlsourcesplitter.
    perhaps @morpheus_xx can take a look at it and point me (or you :) ) in the right direction?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really like/need those 2 options so from my perspective dropping MPUrlSourceSplitter would be a serious drop in functionality.
    Best I can do in the future is make it configurable in OV if you want to use MPUrlSourceSplitter or not
    Any progress on that? The current source for the BBC looks really solid but I still cannot play it at 1280 x 720 without stuttering, 960x 540 is OK.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added the option, now for releasing a new onlinevideos...
    Alternatively I can probably give you a dll to test with...
    (y)(y)(y):) Super, thank you.
    I would very much like have the dll to test. Is it just the option to use either the MP URL splitter or LAV or is there more? Which new release will it be included in?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it is
    Usual disclaimer and warranty for this :)
    It's indeed for switching between MPUrlSourceSplitter and LAV. Settings in MP Config/Onlinevideos/General/"Use MPUrlSourceSplitter"

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.zip
      401.3 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for that.
    I gave it a try, just renamed the old .dll and copied the new one to the same folder but ran into a couple of problems:-
    1) I get an error when I try to open Favourites, see screenshot 1, but no problem if I go to a favourite via the country link (flag).
    2) Initially I unticked the "use MP URL splitter" check box and gave it a try, Favourites worked then but I still had stutter on BBC 1280x720, I went back to MP Config. to check and noticed I now have two Online Video entries (see screenshot 2), one with the new setting and one without, (which I disabled). I then got the problem with Favourites but BBC played 2280x720 via the country flag without stutter.:):):). The disabled OV was then no longer disabledo_O but it still plays without stutter.

Attachments

• OV1.jpg
      OV1.jpg
      364.6 KB
    • OV2.jpg
      OV2.jpg
      181.4 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP scans all dlls and adds them as plugins...
    Better rename it to .old or something or move it to a different folder.
    After that, if you still have issues, I'd like to see the onlinevideos.log

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Renaming the .dll fixed the duplicate problem many thanks(y) but there definitely seems to be a problem with favourites. If any favourites have already been added, after replacing the original .dll with the new I get the "Error getting dynamic categories". If I clear all favourites then replace the .dll adding favourites no longer works, no error in the gui it just does not do anything.
    OV log for a try this evening is attached.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
      1.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom