BBC iPlayer (UK) (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really can't explain this looking at the code...
    But I do notice a pretty large delay for each download of the m3u8 parts:
    Code:
    26-04-2021 14:46:24.930 [ 75c] [{AC86E52A-19E0-499E-85BA-4108F4934494}] [Info]    ParserHoster: StartReceiveDataWorker(): parser 'PARSER_DEFAULT' recognizes stream, score: 1
    26-04-2021 14:46:36.760 [1eb0] [{2C633DAC-A389-4C28-BFC5-69D90E77DAED}] [Verbose] MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_M3u8: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message: 'Connection #1 to host vs-hls-push-uk-live.akamaized.net left intact'
    No idea where that 12 second pause is coming from, but that would surely explain your stuttering.
    So attached are some sets I want you to test (these are from intermittent commits of the code, hopefully this will give me more of a clue).

If you want you can report the time diffs (search the logs for the first lijne containing "ParserHoster: StartReceiveDataWorker(): parser 'PARSER_DEFAULT' recognizes stream, score: 1" followed by "MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_M3u8: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message")
    for each zip or you can post the resulting logs (don't forget to delete before starting a test :) )

Attachments

• 13f65c71.zip
      2.5 MB
    • 4713c568.zip
      2.5 MB
    • cc5b82c3.zip
      2.5 MB
    • head.zip
      2.5 MB
    • Testsplitter.zip
      2.5 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After testing the new version of the splitter, I can´t confirm that "Das Erste" is working - it still says that URL is not found :cry:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I tried the new version Das Erste was working without any problem (1280x720 stream), still is with the test version currently installed.
    @doskabouter I hope be able to do further testing this Thursday though maybe not till Monday next week.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I tried the new version Das Erste was working without any problem (1280x720 stream), still is with the test version currently installed.
    @doskabouter I hope be able to do further testing this Thursday though maybe not till Monday next week.
    I'm in no hurry :)
    It could be that in some testversions playback begins 2 hours early, but you can ignore that. I'm primarily interested in the timings of the downloads of the parts of the stream

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want you can report the time diffs (search the logs for the first lijne containing "ParserHoster: StartReceiveDataWorker(): parser 'PARSER_DEFAULT' recognizes stream, score: 1" followed by "MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_M3u8: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message")
    for each zip or you can post the resulting logs (don't forget to delete before starting a test :) )

Here are my observations with respect to the 5 MPUrlSplitters, in the order from your post:-

1) Time diff. from log 1 sec. Current time, stutter after ca. 20secs on 720 stream
    2) Time diff. from log 0sec. Current time, stutter after ca. 20secs on 720 stream
    3)Time diff. from log 0sec. -2 hours, stutter after ca. 5secs on 720 stream
    4) Time diff. from log 0sec. Current time, stutter after ca. 20secs on 720 stream
    5) Time diff. from log 0sec. Current time, stutter after ca. 20secs on 720 stream

Also please note I retried the released version and it now plays the lower quality streams without stutter (local throughput issue maybe) but still stutters on the 720 stream.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, time diffs are within acceptable range (assuming you checked at a point in time where the stuttering occurred), and current release is indeed working as expected, that's a relief.... sanity restored :)

Still to investigate is the cause of the stuttering. We can rule out connection speed, as you said MP2 with LAV plays correctly, so it's something more deep in the mpurlsourcesplitter, or the graph that is build.
    Can you compare the graphs between MP2/LAV and MP1/MpurlSourceSplitter?
    And for good measure, also the cpu usage and memory pressure at stuttertimes?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You will have to tell me how to do that.
    You have to run graphstudio/graphstudionext (could already be on your system, if not here is a good source: GraphStudioNext 0.7.1.61 Free Download - VideoHelp), start playback in mediaportal and then in graphstudio, connect to graph.
    Then you should see a screen with all the building blocks of the stream splitting/parsing/decoding process.
    If you compare those between MP1 and MP2 this could give a hint...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom