BD-J menu bug on Alien blu rays (1 Viewer)

microfast

Portal Pro
February 13, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have recently tried the official MP 1.16 release and I have seen that in it is still used the old libbluray that works correctly with very few blu ray disk menu.

Why isn't used this one fixed for Alien's bluray that also works nice with many other disks?

Marco

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Marco

I have recently tried the official MP 1.16 release and I have seen that in it is still used the old libbluray that works correctly with very few blu ray disk menu.
    Few? :confused:
    You reported a bug with 3 Blu-Rays for one specific movie franchise (Alien). Were there problems with other Blu-Rays that you didn't report? I mean, in the first post you said that the menu support "works very well for many disc".

Why isn't used this one fixed for Alien's bluray that also works nice with many other disks?
    The bug is in a third party (meaning: not our code) library called libbluray. As promised, the bug was reported to one of the contributors/developers for that library. So far it seems that contributor has chosen to ignore the report... or maybe they don't have time to do anything with it. I don't know. I've tried to remind them several times, but no change. So, I don't think there's anything more I/we can do about it. Like I said: the bug is not in MediaPortal code. In the meantime you are able to continue to use the patch which I previously provided.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    HPI from libbluray should include the fix but not sure if he does it yet.
    I'm trying to take the latest source from LAV source and adapt it for MP to see if it's works (but i fear not lol)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello again Marco

Few? :confused:
    You reported a bug with 3 Blu-Rays for one specific movie franchise (Alien). Were there problems with other Blu-Rays that you didn't report? I mean, in the first post you said that the menu support "works very well for many disc".

The bug is in a third party (meaning: not our code) library called libbluray. As promised, the bug was reported to one of the contributors/developers for that library. So far it seems that contributor has chosen to ignore the report... or maybe they don't have time to do anything with it. I don't know. I've tried to remind them several times, but no change. So, I don't think there's anything more I/we can do about it. Like I said: the bug is not in MediaPortal code. In the meantime you are able to continue to use the patch which I previously provided.

Hi,

Yes, I am still able to apply your patch ( thanks again for it ) to the MP rev. 1.16 overvriting the two libbluray dll ...

I am sorry for my bad English, probably for this I am not able always to explain me well

Yes, I have ( my fault, I am sorry ) indicated you the bug for the Alien's saga, however what you fixed is applicable on many others blu ray disks, many others means a lot of others disks with exatcly the same problem.

Simply I am surprised that this was ignored ...

Probably blu ray's menu is not a so interesting thing for many users.

Will be nice fix the other problem that I had already indicated you: when you start a disk by menu setting in it the audio language, this is not done correctly in almost all the blu ray , but then after the playing is started if you return in the menu you are able to set it correctly ...

Thanks again for what you did :)

Marco

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HPI from libbluray should include the fix but not sure if he does it yet.
    It's not in the latest code yet. I checked earlier today after seeing Marco's reply.

I'm trying to take the latest source from LAV source and adapt it for MP to see if it's works (but i fear not lol)
    Would you like me to try to make a fork/branch?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's not in the latest code yet. I checked earlier today after seeing Marco's reply.
    Would you like me to try to make a fork/branch?

Yep just looked at it too (not in branch).
    About the fork, he could be nice, the one i have try locally seems to works but with one biggest issue, no audio available. I have try to see why but not found :(

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yep just looked at it too (not in branch).
    About the fork, he could be nice, the one i have try locally seems to works but with one biggest issue, no audio available. I have try to see why but not found :(

Do you ear the audio but you cannot choice between the audio tracks available?

Simply change chapter and then you can do it, always been so ...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nope, no audio available at all, surely a change in lib for IAMStreamSelect code not fully available because subtitle side are ok :)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Nope, no audio available at all, surely a change in lib for IAMStreamSelect code not fully available because subtitle side are ok :)

Hi Seb,

Can you explain me better?

For me the two fixed libluray jar files do continue to work well ( exactly like before ) even with the MP 1.17 prerelease ( I am using the last madvr and the last LAV ) ...

Marco

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Marco, there have been updates to libbluray since I provided the new files. Seb's test builds include those updates; my patch does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom