BD-rip, ISO = No subtitles? (1 Viewer)

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
I have the same problem but I don't want to rip my (200+) Blu-ray discs but I have the same subtitle problem (I have to choose between a list of undefined subtitles and when the choice is made, nothing happens)
Can anyone help me?

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have the same problem but I don't want to rip my (200+) Blu-ray discs but I have the same subtitle problem (I have to choose between a list of undefined subtitles and when the choice is made, nothing happens)
Can anyone help me?

Are you talking about playing a Blu-ray disc in moving pictures? And not getting subtitles to work?

I think this is addressed else where on the forum, one of the threads is this onehttps://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/mpc-hc-subtitle-engine-support-mpc-splitters-78935/

I successfully play my first Blu-ray disc an hour ago in moving pictures 1.0.0.4, MP 1.1 RC1, and SAF 4.0 stable, after first installing the toshiba UDF 2.5 driver to be able to read the disc in XP.

It's the Fifth Element, with Dolby True HD English, PCM 5.1 English, and AC3 French soundtrack.

Subtitles were just fine. I didn't watch the whole movie, so I don't know if it plays smooth throught out the movie, or if all sound tracks work. I suspect FFDshow will convert to AC3 when Dolby true HD or PCM 5.1 sound tracks are chosen (as I use SPDIF and only have DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 selected in FFDshow)
-------------------
Right now I am ripping it using described procedure in this thread.

I didn't have the choice of extracting the Dolby True HD sound track or the PCM track to AC3, which I would have preferred, since I want to play these rips on my OPPO BDP-83 player as well, and it doesn't support FLAC. I think it supports PCM, though, so we will see.
I chose FLAC for the DT HD track and "Raw" for the PCM track.

Stand by for results. :D

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
I've been playing Blu-ray discs smoothly for a few weeks.
As I'm french, as long as I play french movies, it's ok. The problem starts when I try to play foreign movies (I could watch them without subtitles and it wouldn't be a problem but my girlfriend wouldn't catch a single word :p)
I'm using Windows 7 so I guess I don't have to install oshiba UDF driver

I'll try to give it a look tonight or tomorrow and keep you posted

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
As I'm french, as long as I play french movies, it's ok. The problem starts when I try to play foreign movies (I could watch them without subtitles and it wouldn't be a problem but my girlfriend wouldn't catch a single word :p)

Yes, the Toshiba driver is only for XP.
Are you on MP 1.1 RC1? There has been a subtitle issue in earlier builds, as mentioned in the link above

cheers,
Jacob

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009

Are you on MP 1.1 RC1? There has been a subtitle issue in earlier builds, as mentioned in the link above

cheers,
Jacob

Yes sir :)

I tried various solutions :
-using mpc-hc subtitle engine => doesn't seem to be working (it displays a list of "undefined" subtitles and choosing one doesn't display any subtitle)
-using the other included subtitle engine (can't remember the name) => displays a window telling me that it can't decode the following track (without telling me what the following track is)
-using external subtitles engines => nothing happens (I don't even have a "subtitles" menu while watching my movie)

I'm pretty sure I have codecs conflict. I should try to post a graph here

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

cheers,
Jacob

Yes sir :)

I tried various solutions :
-using mpc-hc subtitle engine => doesn't seem to be working (it displays a list of "undefined" subtitles and choosing one doesn't display any subtitle)
-using the other included subtitle engine (can't remember the name) => displays a window telling me that it can't decode the following track (without telling me what the following track is)
-using external subtitles engines => nothing happens (I don't even have a "subtitles" menu while watching my movie)

I'm pretty sure I have codecs conflict. I should try to post a graph here

Are you using SAF 4.0 "stable" codecs ? And what codecs have you chosen to use? I use ffdshow for mpeg2, MPC for H.264 in video player, for TV (and .ts files) I use cyperlink (PVDVD9) from unlocked SAF.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
I'm at work and can't give you a precise answer
What I know is that I use :
-CCCP codec pack
-Arcsoft (TMT) codecs for "blu-ray" files

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm at work and can't give you a precise answer
What I know is that I use :
-CCCP codec pack
-Arcsoft (TMT) codecs for "blu-ray" files

You might want to give SAF 4.0 "stable" a try. It's an all inclusive codec pack for MediaPortal, no unwanted filters and codecs to screw things up.

Cheers,
Jacob

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
cool idea, first thing I try when arriving home tonight.
Thanks a lot danish pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom