[solved] Beginner's questions: (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi community,

I am further testing out MP2, and there are three questions I have:

1. When importing my local video folder with some ripped DVDs and Blurays and many video files, I get a lot of files named 000001.something in the video navigation menu. It seems that MP2 lists all files alphabetically, and the ripped DVD and Bluray folders each contain these files, leading to the describen scenario. What can I do to solve this issue?
    2. Is there a way to exclude specific video folders from the import?
    3. Can I play physical DVD or Bluray discs directly with some menu option? I noticed that discs are offered to be played automatically after inserting them, but after declining autoplay, I didn't find an option to start the disc again.

Thank you in advance,

Astronaut

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. When importing my local video folder with some ripped DVDs and Blurays and many video files, I get a lot of files named 000001.something in the video navigation menu. It seems that MP2 lists all files alphabetically, and the ripped DVD and Bluray folders each contain these files, leading to the describen scenario. What can I do to solve this issue?
    No idea, because I'd never backup a blu-ray on my harddisk. Can you not directly store it as mkv in x265? Then you'd have the same quality and probably less than 10% of file size, just the menus are gone ...

2. Is there a way to exclude specific video folders from the import?
    No, there is no way.

3. Can I play physical DVD or Bluray discs directly with some menu option? I noticed that discs are offered to be played automatically after inserting them, but after declining autoplay, I didn't find an option to start the disc again.
    Should work over browse media (at least with DVD's), when selecting the optical disc, it should automatically start playing.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should work over browse media (at least with DVD's), when selecting the optional disc, it shoul automatically start playing.
    Have you tried it lately? I am using a test version so maybe there is a difference but for me either the DVD playback following the initial intro. does not display the menu (blackscreen) and therefore is hung or the menu displays but is completely unresponsive to navigation even mouse clicks, either way no playback. These are DVDs that I can play with MP1 or MPC-BE.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried it lately? I am using a test version so maybe there is a difference but for me either the DVD playback following the initial intro. does not display the menu (blackscreen) and therefore is hung or the menu displays but is completely unresponsive to navigation even mouse clicks, either way no playback. These are DVDs that I can play with MP1 or MPC-BE.
    Haven't tried it for while. I give it a try later, just need to find a DVD somewhere :)
    Edit: I found one. Indeed I can not even focus any entry in the DVD menu, so an issue was introduced at a certain point. It worked well a few versions before. @henso can you remember any change, that could have caused issues with DVD and BR menus?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Haven't tried it for while. I give it a try later, just need to find a DVD somewhere :)
    Edit: I found one. Indeed I can not even focus any entry in the DVD menu, so an issue was introduced at a certain point. It worked well a few versions before. @henso can you remember any change, that could have caused issues with DVD and BR menus?
    I can see part of the issue, it's related to InputManager changes which I can fix. There seems to be a separate issue with some of the skins (at least Nereus and BlueVision, I haven't tests WMC) where input is only captured some of the time even after the input fix, everything works perfectly in the default skin though so I'm currently investigating the difference. I expect there's an overlapping control somewhere stealing the input, I'll let you know.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've pushed fixes for both issues.
    @ge2301 Nereus and BlueVision were including FullScreenContentVideoKeyBindings.inc instead of FullScreenContentDVDKeyBindings.inc in FullscreentContentDVD.xaml which was causing intermittent issues with DVD navigation (on top of the issues with the InputDeviceManager). I guess this was just a copy and paste error so I updated them, all seems to be working OK now.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've pushed fixes for both issues.
    @ge2301 Nereus and BlueVision were including FullScreenContentVideoKeyBindings.inc instead of FullScreenContentDVDKeyBindings.inc in FullscreentContentDVD.xaml which was causing intermittent issues with DVD navigation (on top of the issues with the InputDeviceManager). I guess this was just a copy and paste error so I updated them, all seems to be working OK now.
    Strange, I remembered everything was working well, when I designed the Nereus DVD screen and I even remember I worked on the KeyBindings. Maybe there was a merge failure or something unintended. Thanks for fixing.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess this was just a copy and paste error so I updated them, all seems to be working OK now.

Will the fix be in the next release or will a patch be available foe current version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom