Behold TV H7: after channels found - NoVideoAudioDetected (1 Viewer)

Jack163

Portal Pro
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hello all,

I've installed Behold TV H7 tuner. Its own software works perfectly.

In MP I've left only its analog part enabled (as it is a hybrid one. I also tried setting up hybrid tuner as stated in docs - with the same result).

Problem is that TV server configurator finds a lot of channels, sometimes even shows their previews and some in MP. But after configurator or MP restart - "WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15 seconds" in log, in spite of "SIGNAL LEVEL: 100, SIGNAL QUALITY: 100".

Please tell me how to fix it.

Logs are attached to this message.

Thanks in advance.

Jack163

Portal Pro
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Maybe I have to mention that I did not connect audio cable, should I? I pass sound through PCI and hear it perfectly in behold software - and during finding channels in MP also (not every time and not for every channel, and I can't understand regularity to reproduce).

And BTW - how to select what antenna jack to use? I have 2 of them, is choosing "antenna/cable" this selecting or not? How to select how to pass sound - through PCI, or through internal cd-cable, or to sound card imput? Beholder software has all these settings, where are they in MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

The problem is that MediaPortal doesn't detect audio or video even though you might be able to hear it and the tuner reports that it is locked.

Maybe I have to mention that I did not connect audio cable, should I? I pass sound through PCI and hear it perfectly in behold software - and during finding channels in MP also (not every time and not for every channel, and I can't understand regularity to reproduce).
    If your tuner is supported by TV Server then it won't need the cable.

And BTW - how to select what antenna jack to use? I have 2 of them, is choosing "antenna/cable" this selecting or not?
    If TV Server is finding channels and the Beholder software works then you have the selected the correct antenna input.

How to select how to pass sound - through PCI, or through internal cd-cable, or to sound card imput? Beholder software has all these settings, where are they in MP?
    MediaPortal doesn't have these settings. In fact, tuners that require connection to the soundcard aren't supported. It looks like this is optional for your tuner...

Can you please try disconnecting the cable and checking if the audio still works in the Beholder software if you use the PCI setting. If it works, then try to watch channels again in MediaPortal. Also, make sure that all Beholder software is closed when you try to use the tuner in MediaPortal.

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks for reply.

The problem is that MediaPortal doesn't detect audio or video even though you might be able to hear it and the tuner reports that it is locked.

As I mentioned, MP always detects channels (shows several names correctly), sometimes shows preview, sometimes works for some time in MP itself.

What can lock the tuner?

Can you please try disconnecting the cable and checking if the audio still works in the Beholder software if you use the PCI setting. If it works, then try to watch channels again in MediaPortal. Also, make sure that all Beholder software is closed when you try to use the tuner in MediaPortal.

Actually I've never connected audiocable, and TV server configurator everytime finds all channels and sometime has correct sound and image, as (again sometimes) MP itself on its following startup. But after restart it disappears, logs showing "no audio was found after 15 seconds".

Beholder software is always shut down.

Maybe you can see in logs that several times preview showed fine. Hope logs will help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Thanks for reply.

As I mentioned, MP always detects channels (shows several names correctly), sometimes shows preview, sometimes works for some time in MP itself.

What can lock the tuner?
    When I say "locked", I mean that the tuner has detected signal. When I say that "MediaPortal doesn't detect audio or video" I was referring to the "no audio was found after 15 seconds" entries in the log that you also noticed.

Actually I've never connected audiocable, and TV server configurator everytime finds all channels and sometime has correct sound and image, as (again sometimes) MP itself on its following startup. But after restart it disappears, logs showing "no audio was found after 15 seconds".

Beholder software is always shut down.

Maybe you can see in logs that several times preview showed fine. Hope logs will help.
    Regarding the audio cable - I was a little confused about what you were saying. It is good that you haven't connected it. It is not required. There is no need to scan for channels in configuration any more if all the channels have been detected properly. This only fills up your logs with entries that make it hard to see what is wrong. I have looked more closely and I can see that preview showed fine several times.

Please do the following:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Expand the "TV Servers" section.
    3. Expand your HTPC.
    4. Select the tuner.
    5. Go to the second tab "settings".
    6. Ensure that "SECAM_D" is selected as the "video standard".
    7. Ensure that "25fps (PAL/SECAM)" is selected as the "frame rate".
    8. Ensure that "720x576 PAL/SECAM ITU-601 D1" is selected as the "frame size".
    9. Go to the third tab "VideoProcAmp".
    10. Click the "default values" button.
    11. Click "OK" to close configuration.
    12. Restart the TV Server.
    13. Delete your TV Server log files in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log".
    14. Start MediaPortal.
    15. Try to watch channel "TV One" or channel "18".
    16. If it is not successful, zip the TV Server log folder and post (upload) it here.

Hope that you understand the instructions :)

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks for reply.

I did what you recommended. And also stopped monitoring of Avast anti-virus (which was actually running all the time, sorry). So everything was fine (channels, image, sound) for 7 minutes (according to tv.log). But then again "Video not found" (with "no audio was found after 15 seconds" in tv.log) - even for channels which previously were ok.

After this I restarted MP (maybe computer also, maybe removed some extra software - don't remember, I will redo this if needed) - and it showed image/sound again.

I attached logs to message, sorry for such big size.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow, you can make a lot of channel changes in 7 minutes!

I would say that there is nothing that can be done to improve the situation. The issue is most likely to be encoder or maybe driver related. Using analog cards with software encoders is just not ideal. If you are able, you could try the patch from here with the ATI AVIVO encoders. I find that they are better than the Intervideo ones for stability.

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Wow, you can make a lot of channel changes in 7 minutes!

I would say that there is nothing that can be done to improve the situation. The issue is most likely to be encoder or maybe driver related. Using analog cards with software encoders is just not ideal. If you are able, you could try the patch from here with the ATI AVIVO encoders. I find that they are better than the Intervideo ones for stability.

Thanks for reply.

Now I see that I should have purchased a card with hardware encoding. Are you sure I won't have such problems with it?

I've installed the patch. It did not solve the situation, even more - sound disappeared in several channels, like Eurosport (56) - and "interlacing" appeared. And after closing MP and renaming some channels in server configurator - channels can't be previewed in it and shown in MP. I attach logs in case you or patch developer will need them.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Your logs look perfect apart from two tunings at the end. This doesn't make sense given that you said things got worse. Have I misunderstood?
    I also noticed that the Intervideo encoders were still being used. The only purpose in trying the patch is so that you could try the more stable and compatible ATI Avivo encoders. If you didn't install the ATI encoders or increase their priority above the Intervideo encoders then the patch will have had no effect. Do you need more specific instructions for the patch?

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Your logs look perfect apart from two tunings at the end. This doesn't make sense given that you said things got worse. Have I misunderstood?
    1. On opening to fullscreen - terrible interlacing.
    2. No sound in eurosport and 2 other channels. Before applying patch - sound was everywhere.

I also noticed that the Intervideo encoders were still being used. The only purpose in trying the patch is so that you could try the more stable and compatible ATI Avivo encoders. If you didn't install the ATI encoders or increase their priority above the Intervideo encoders then the patch will have had no effect. Do you need more specific instructions for the patch?
    Yes please. I've only downloaded AnalogPatch-V1.1.0.zip, unzipped it and run PatchInstaller.exe. So I did not remove/disable/change priority of previuos encoders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom