Best settings to refresh Freesat channels (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I wanted to watch something on UK Channel 4+1 I found that the channel had moved. Actually, loads of channels had moved. So I did a rescan on both my tuners but found that pretty much none of the channels actually got updated in the TV configuration so I had to go through and manually tune them using data from KingOfSat.

I had to do this all the time with Windows Media Centre but I thought this would be a thing of the past with MP2. I think If I have to do it again it will be enough to make me bin the whole thing and just go and buy a cheap Freesat box off the shelf...

Question is: What did I do wrong? I am sure I had "detect channel movement" switched on... What are the best settings to use here, and why are they not the default settings?

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
Replies
Views
Ok, got EPG Collector working, and it gives the episode numbers in the text which the previous method didn't, so that is good.
Ok, got EPG Collector working, and it gives the episode numbers in the text which the previous method didn't, so that is good.
Hi MP forum! I have just joined the forum today, but had the program installed just over a week now. The functionality is great...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
Replies
Views
Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some websites propose to have a personal file (you choose what are channels in the .xml). An example for french country : It takes 2 minutes an 5 seconds for 4765 programs imported on my system : If...
Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some...
I've finally finished mapping all the channels were scanned from my HDHomeRun over-the-air and cable tuners, which amounts to over...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom