[Music] Better sound quality with WASAPI (2 Viewers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Doesn't SACD use too much bandwith for SPIDF? I think an uncompressed stream will require HDMI or i.Link. Well...oftopic, +1 for wasapi ;)

mr.duck

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    I have been able to get wasapi output using slysoft reclock. But I've been using it with MPC HC, not MediaPortal. But there's no reason why it wouldn't work with Media Portal. I also like it for keeping audio and video in sync.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have been able to get wasapi output using slysoft reclock. But I've been using it with MPC HC, not MediaPortal. But there's no reason why it wouldn't work with Media Portal. I also like it for keeping audio and video in sync.

I use ReClock to keep my out-ot-date TV from stuttering, did you set WASAPI as the audio-renderer inside ReClock? I would love to learn more about your solution :)

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Not so keen on Reclock it has never helped anything on my system, besides causing problems, and I don't have sync problems.
    I am sure a WASAPI plugin wouldn't be hard to implement... the one for Foobar is tiny.

mr.duck

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    I use ReClock to keep my out-ot-date TV from stuttering, did you set WASAPI as the audio-renderer inside ReClock? I would love to learn more about your solution :)

I don't get any stuttering watching 50 FPS on a 75Hz display, so I just tick "slave referance clock to audio". Also "Audio interface to use for PCM sound: WASAPI exclusive". That way I think you also get bit perfect output.

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Old topic, but I still want to pass my audio to receiver as is, not converted in any way.
    So, +1 for WASAPI.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006

I don't get any stuttering watching 50 FPS on a 75Hz display, so I just tick "slave referance clock to audio". Also "Audio interface to use for PCM sound: WASAPI exclusive". That way I think you also get bit perfect output.

not trying to be rude here, but if you see no stuttering with 50Hz material on a 75Hz display, you have definitely no need for bit-perfect audio :p

edit: and to anyone using reclock to avoid stuttering: no need for bit-perfect anything either, because reclock will either resample your audio (loss of quality) or loop/drop audio packets to keep audio in sync with video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom