[Music] Better sound quality with WASAPI (2 Viewers)

SebNYD

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Better sound quality with WASAPI

Hello,

Any chance to get WASAPI support in Bass player for MP 1.2 ? :)

That would really be great to have Bass setting the proper audio configuration (2.0; 5.1; 44.1KHz; 48KHz; 96Khz...) all by itself :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: Re : Better sound quality with WASAPI

That would really be great to have Bass setting the proper audio configuration (2.0; 5.1; 44.1KHz; 48KHz; 96Khz...) all by itself :)

Currently the audio is always resampled to 44.1KHz (at least it looks like based on the code). Not so nice if you play something else than CD sourced audio.

Code:
    Bass.BASS_Init(soundDevice, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT | BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_LATENCY, IntPtr.Zero)

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: Re : Better sound quality with WASAPI

Currently the audio is always resampled to 44.1KHz (at least it looks like based on the code). Not so nice if you play something else than CD sourced audio.

Code:
    Bass.BASS_Init(soundDevice, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT | BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_LATENCY, IntPtr.Zero)

Thats pretty sucky... anyway for music playing I have resorted to quiting media portal and just using foobar with the wasapi plugin !

Ejorne

Portal Member
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am using foobar too for playing music with wasapi.

Unfortunately the foobar plugin no longer seems to work with the recent MP versions.

Ejorne

Portal Member
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    It looks like the plugin is beeing removed in version 1.2.0.

0002922: Foobar External Player does not work - MediaPortal Bugtracker

0003179: Remove Foobar2000 (external player) plugin - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Foobar plugin is not part of official MP anymore
    development can be done by community if needed

Is someone knowing how and willing to update this plugin for use with recent foobar versions?

A working plugin for Foobar would be nice, but XBMC is a good alternative it supports WASAPI for everything... (Music and Video)

Ejorne

Portal Member
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It looks like the plugin is beeing removed in version 1.2.0.

0002922: Foobar External Player does not work - MediaPortal Bugtracker

0003179: Remove Foobar2000 (external player) plugin - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Foobar plugin is not part of official MP anymore
    development can be done by community if needed

Is someone knowing how and willing to update this plugin for use with recent foobar versions?

A working plugin for Foobar would be nice, but XBMC is a good alternative it supports WASAPI for everything... (Music and Video)

I have tried xbmc in the past but didn't worked for me because i needed ASIO for my soundcard.
    But since i changed the soundcard i didn't think of using xbmc anymore.

Now i don't need asio and do need wasapi, so i tried xbmc yesterday...

up and running. :cool:
    Thanks for the tip.

/edit:
    And uhh, sorry MP. I will get back to tou when wasapi is there. Or when i buy me an asio soundcard again.

redmist

Portal Member
    June 10, 2011
    Home Country
    ASIO4ALL should be renamed "ASIO4SOME". Lots of Realtek sound chips don't work with it - especially in Windows 7.

WASAPI "just works" and it sounds great. I would LOVE to see WASAPI added to Media Portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom