[Music] Better sound quality with WASAPI (1 Viewer)

natal

December 5, 2007
ASIO4ALL should be renamed "ASIO4SOME". Lots of Realtek sound chips don't work with it - especially in Windows 7.

WASAPI "just works" and it sounds great. I would LOVE to see WASAPI added to Media Portal.

+1

diablosv

Portal Member
November 1, 2008
Home Country
I will be eternally greatfull to whoever implements this.... Media Portal is just so useless for music playing on my setup

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I really hope next version has this function. As it is now, I have to play flac from Foobar2000 ......

M. Mulder

February 23, 2006
I tried recleck as auiorenderer (WASAPI Exclusive), but that doesn't work for FLAC files.

This (Un4seen Developments - 2MIDI / BASS / MID2XM / MO3 / XM-EXE / XMPlay) is the official webpage of the BASS-player. Can that (extension; BASSWASAPI) be implemented so that there's finally WASAPI support in MP?

I switched to XBMC (ther's WASAPI running out of the box), but their FANART = dramatic bad!

So I wll stick to Mediaportal, but only if there's WASAPI support.

It sounds 'much' (relative) better with audiofiles!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I plan on looking at WASAPI support using BASS player in 1.3.

Does this not work if you change the player to directshow and install something like madFLAC ? (Possibly using MP audio renderer?)

My main HTPC setup is on XP so nothing I can test there. Dev machine is win7 but the audio device in there does not seem to work in exclusive mode. I have a new machine on the process of being built and will hopefully be able to get something sorted

redmist

Portal Member
    June 10, 2011
    Home Country
    With my old $500 receiver, I couldn't tell the difference between bitperfect music and Windows mixer resampled stuff but since I upgraded to a better $2K receiver the difference is noticeable. The high-end sounds slightly "rolled off" when going through the the Windows resampler - even if it's set to resample to 24bit 192kHz.

I got ASIO4ALL working with the ATI HDMI sound but for some reason it outputs 7.1 even when the output is set to stereo. I tried playing a DTS wav and it was all garbled so ASIO4ALL obviously doesn't do the job for HDMI sound. Foobar WASAPI works fine with the HDMI audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom