Bitstreaming DTS-HD HRA not working (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Bitstreaming DTS-HD HRA audio plays with very low volume and is badly distorted. In the attached screenshot the DTS-HD HRA audio is the default for this movie when preferred language is set to German and this is the same for many movies in my collection. When playing, my AVR displays DTS although the English DTS-HD.MA plays perfectly and is displayed correctly. If I play the same movie via PowerDVD the German audio plays correctly and the AVR also displays DTS-HD HR.
    After doing some research it seems I am not alone with this problem and there appears to be an unresolved issue with the Lav Filters see here.
    The only workaround I have found is to deselect the DTS-HD in the LAV Audio config. but then of course I no longer can play DTS-HD MA.
    Has anyone found a better workaround pending a fix in LAV?
    hra.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @ajs Read through that thread but did not see anything new beyond confirming the problem in Kodi also, no fixes or workarounds or did I miss something. Rumors of a Windows fix seem to be just that given it is still a problem in the FCU and all subsequent updates.:unsure:.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    I also did not see the solution. maybe it just does not exist?

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    I'm not an expert but LAV are not the only only option for filters if you think it's their issue.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I'm not an expert but LAV are not the only only option for filters if you think it's their issue.
    I have looked without success for an alternative to LAV, what would you suggest?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I have looked without success for an alternative, what would you suggest?
    Well, if you've looked already then you know ffmpeg and mpc-be external filters could bitstream.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Well, if you've looked already then you know ffmpeg and mpc-be external filters could bitstream.
    The info. I found on FFMPEG suggested that it does not even support DTS-HD MA, could be out of date ofc, Even so I'm looking for a solution in MP not mpc-be.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Country flag
    The info. I found on FFMPEG suggested that it does not even support DTS-HD MA, could be out of date ofc, Even so I'm looking for a solution in MP not mpc-be.
    Afaik mpc-hc now using lav but mpc-be uses own filters and distributes them as standalone pack. I've always used mpc decoders in mp which successors are mpc-be ones
    And mpc-be still has developers at least. You could report the problem to them

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Afaik mpc-hc now using lav but mpc-be uses own filters and distributes them as standalone pack. I've always used mpc decoders in mp which successors are mpc-be ones
    I did not find the standalone pack but installed MPC-BE, set it to bitstream via the internal filters and selected the MPC Renderer for audio. Exactly the same problem:(, I would guess that whilst -BE have there own filters they are the same or very similar to LAV in this respect.
    Hoping for a fix to LAV soon.:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread