Black Glass Nova HD Release (1 Viewer)

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello tgx

Congratulations for the excellent work that continues to play, I fell in love with the Black Glass Nova HD skin..
    In the past I have tried several others, but your attention to detail is truly remarkable.

I am no expert, but if you can be of some help to you attach a small modification of the page of the plugin World Wheater - with the screen faces the result, on the occasion of the release of stable version (0.3.0) for this plugin.

Thanks again and best wishes

Attachments

• WorldWheater.zip
      1.6 MB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello tgx

Congratulations for the excellent work that continues to play, I fell in love with the Black Glass Nova HD skin..
    In the past I have tried several others, but your attention to detail is truly remarkable.

I am no expert, but if you can be of some help to you attach a small modification of the page of the plugin World Wheater - with the screen faces the result, on the occasion of the release of stable version (0.3.0) for this plugin.

Thanks again and best wishes
    I'm on the verge of releasing a new set of Black Glass skins using the official Mpe1 installer.
    I'm going to provide an update in future adding the support for moon phases pictures.

Thanks

Massimo

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello and happy new year

I wanted to point out a small flaw that I found recently: when a record TV is on, in the window "video overlay", does not display any images, but only the information the media is playing, this is with movies than with music files, while with the default skin does not happen.

With the opportunity to ask if tgx in a future release would add two things:

-display framerate in the detail window of the film in the Moving Pictures plugin
    -display the effective duration of episodes in the TV Series plugin

Thanks for your attention

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello and happy new year

I wanted to point out a small flaw that I found recently: when a record TV is on, in the window "video overlay", does not display any images, but only the information the media is playing, this is with movies than with music files, while with the default skin does not happen.

-display framerate in the detail window of the film in the Moving Pictures plugin

Yes, that's an issue i've been experiencing for a few months. I'm still trying to figure out the reason why sometimes video and music overlays do not display any images. It's random, but i can tell for sure that it happens in the DefaultWide skin too.
    At this point i suppose it's a Mediaportal bug.

Thanks for the hints. I'll try.

Thanks

Tgx

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello and happy new year

Yes, that's an issue i've been experiencing for a few months. I'm still trying to figure out the reason why sometimes video and music overlays do not display any images. It's random, but i can tell for sure that it happens in the DefaultWide skin too.
    At this point i suppose it's a Mediaportal bug.

Thanks for the hints. I'll try.

Thanks

Tgx

Thanks for the reply.. if you can help, on my system this phenomenon occurs only and always when a recording TV is on, just stopped recording the image of the window "overlay" re-appears, I tried a couple of times the same thing with the skin "DefaultWide "and this does not occur (I have not done extensive testing)...
    In the overlay, I also noticed another small bug (probably the TV server?): time remaining (#currentremaining) in the case of the TV displays, the data is displayed for the last movie you saw, while the time to play it properly not displayed.

Hello and thanks again.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for the reply.. if you can help, on my system this phenomenon occurs only and always when a recording TV is on, just stopped recording the image of the window "overlay" re-appears, I tried a couple of times the same thing with the skin "DefaultWide "and this does not occur (I have not done extensive testing)...
    In the overlay, I also noticed another small bug (probably the TV server?): time remaining (#currentremaining) in the case of the TV displays, the data is displayed for the last movie you saw, while the time to play it properly not displayed.

Hello and thanks again.

Ok, i reproduced the issue while recording and i think i've found the fix.

Can you test this file please?

Thanks

Tgx

Attachments

• tvOverlay.xml
      580 bytes

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, i reproduced the issue while recording and i think i've found the fix.

Can you test this file please?

Thanks

Tgx

Great! I tried, both with music and video: it works :D

To remedy the incorrect display (MP Bug?) of the remaining time in the video overlay window with the TV, I felt a slight change in VideoOverlay.xml:

<control>
    <description>play time label</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>315</posX>
    <posY>205</posY>
    <label>#currentremaining</label>
    <align>left</align>
    <font>font16</font>
    <textcolor>40ffffff</textcolor>
    <visible>!string.equals(#currentplaytime,)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="100">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

Thanks

Hedehede81

Portal Member
    February 20, 2011
    First of thanks a lot for this excellent skin. My only problem is World Weather, it doesn't display any graphics, only text based data. Also the satellite views etc, I can view in a normal web browser but not the plugin. Do I need to change the default file that the skin installs? I have the latest stable version in mpe installer of both the skin and the plugin. Thanks.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is not a skin related problem, but a weather data availability issue. Weather web servers do not allow free access to some of their information anymore causing problems in open source software linking to this data. It was in the MP news blog a few months ago:

MEDIAPORTAL - Problems with the inbuilt weather plugin

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The current svn supports only World Weather 0.2.5. I'm waiting for the plugin to take a definite shape so that i have not to update the skin every week.

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom