BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2 card - Where are the HD channels? (1 Viewer)

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
February 27, 2011
I installed the 8.1 drivers, and I still seemed to get occasional losses of one tuner, so I added in the backgroundscan registry key, and it seems to have fixed it.
So things are looking good (quite literally), now I am starting to get to grips with MediaPortal.

The only issue I seem to have, is since installing PowerScheduler++, it seems to take MP about 6-8 minutes until it actually starts a scheduled recording from Standby. So I need to have a look and see if it being caused, by Windows, MP or the BGT3620.
I never seemed to have this issue using WMC and MCE Standby Tool, but I can't get that to work with MP, as it keeps putting the PC into sleep while recording.

oglesbyj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If anyone still gets the odd loss of tuner, TV-Server Configuration -> General Settings -> Application tab -> delay
    try increasing it. I have 3 seconds right now.

hoverdonkey

Portal Member
    October 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello again

Did anybody happen to find properly working codecs for HDTV? I am still living with the audio bitrate switching error (well, it's either that or Mickey Mouse keeps getting into my speakers).

Thanks.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hello again

Did anybody happen to find properly working codecs for HDTV? I am still living with the audio bitrate switching error (well, it's either that or Mickey Mouse keeps getting into my speakers).

Thanks.

I am using PowerDVD 10 H264 codec and Mainconcept AAC codec and that is working pretty well for me

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Mine seemed to fix itself (using the DivX codecs). I noticed that there was an auto-update about a month ago (I think) so that probably had something to do with it.

hoverdonkey

Portal Member
    October 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks chaps - I just had my first evening of glitch-free HDTV viewing in MediaPortal. The DivX update did it for me (I cannot find a Mainconcept AAC decoder - just their expensive encoder package).

For the record, what works for me is PowerDVD 10 h.264 with latest DivX AAC. DivX h.264 is not good to me - depending on settings used, I can have smooth or stable, but not both.

Thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Just a quick question with these.. Is there any way to move the HD channels about in the TV guide? Its a pain having to scroll through the whole list to get to them.

Apart from that I got it all working fairly easily using the latest BG drivers, the Windows 7 video codec and Divx as the audio.

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Yeah, you just click on "TV Channels" in the TVServer config app, then go to the "All Channels" tab (or whatever group you may have them in - "All Channels" is the default) and drag them to where you want.

I did the same thing - I put BBC One HD, STV HD (what ITV 1 HD is called in Scotland) and Channel 4 HD directly under BBC One, STV (ITV1) and Channel 4 respecively, and BBC HD underneath BBC 2, so for me they show up as BBC1, BBC1HD, BBC2, BBCHD, STV, STVHD, 4, 4HD, Five... The channel number stays the same, so, for example, pressing the number 2 on your remote/keyboard still corresponds to BBC 2 (those can be changed as well though within the channel properties if you so desire)

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I've never had any luck just dragging them around, my clients never seem to reflect that change so I've always had to edit the actual database manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom