BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2 card - Where are the HD channels? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    allanp81: What database engine do you use, and is it case sensitive? Logs would help...

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I use mysql but I've never had success with just dragging and dropping in any version of MP I've used, and I used to the mssql back in the day.

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah, you just click on "TV Channels" in the TVServer config app, then go to the "All Channels" tab (or whatever group you may have them in - "All Channels" is the default) and drag them to where you want.

I did the same thing - I put BBC One HD, STV HD (what ITV 1 HD is called in Scotland) and Channel 4 HD directly under BBC One, STV (ITV1) and Channel 4 respecively, and BBC HD underneath BBC 2, so for me they show up as BBC1, BBC1HD, BBC2, BBCHD, STV, STVHD, 4, 4HD, Five... The channel number stays the same, so, for example, pressing the number 2 on your remote/keyboard still corresponds to BBC 2 (those can be changed as well though within the channel properties if you so desire)

I tried that but it didn't seem to actually make any changes to the guide when actually inside MP. I tried editing the channel number too but that didn't seem to do anything. I'll have another play with it when I'm back from work tonight, wasn't too bothered last night as I was too busy making the most of HD TV! :D

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I tried that but it didn't seem to actually make any changes to the guide when actually inside MP. I tried editing the channel number too but that didn't seem to do anything. I'll have another play with it when I'm back from work tonight, wasn't too bothered last night as I was too busy making the most of HD TV! :D

Make sure you're doing it on the "All Channels" rather than the "Channels" tab.

Also, in my experience, it often only seems to apply if you hit OK while still on the "All Channels" tab. If you switch to another tab or section first (even if you switch back again) it "forgets" about the changes. You also, you might need to restart MP for the changes to take effect. (I'm using MySQL btw.)

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Ah.. Thanks for that! I'll give your method a go when I get back from work! :)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I set up a channel group called "Most Watched" and sent the more popular channels to this group by using the right mouse click in the "All Channels" group. It was then quite straight forward to arrange them in the order of BBC1, BBC1HD, BBC Two etc, etc when in the Most Watched grouping. I did this to improve the WAF :rolleyes:

I have arranged the HD channels in the same way as Alphathon, and this is reflected on the clients too.

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country

Make sure you're doing it on the "All Channels" rather than the "Channels" tab.

Also, in my experience, it often only seems to apply if you hit OK while still on the "All Channels" tab. If you switch to another tab or section first (even if you switch back again) it "forgets" about the changes. You also, you might need to restart MP for the changes to take effect. (I'm using MySQL btw.)

That worked a treat thanks! I was doing it in the channels tab, didn't even spot the all channels tab yesterday.. Whoops! :)

Am having the odd piece of graphical corruption on BBC HD using the W7 codec for it. Might have to try PDVD and see if thats better.

hoverdonkey

Portal Member
    October 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Are you on AMD graphics? When I recently upgraded to Catalyst 11.5, I started getting occasional video artefacts. I installed 11.4 instead and all is well again.

...and my TV happy codecs are;
    MPEG-2 - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11)
    H.264 - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11)
    MPEG / AC3 audio - Cyberlink Audio Decoder
    AAC - DivX AAC Decoder

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    I've literally just made the same discovery before I checked on here! :)

I was on 11.6 but I stuck it back to 11.2 and it worked fine. I'll give the 11.4s a go as they are a little bit newer..

Just having a few problems with Divx as it seems to be taking over from ffdshow for all my other files.

Edit: Turned out I needed to install Divx before I installed SAF, now it all works flawlessly! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom