BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2 card - Where are the HD channels? (1 Viewer)

Bucky O'Hare

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Time to resurrect this thread again. :D

The new LAV Codec package that is available via MP Extension Installer supports ACC LATM/LOAS audio streams and has no issues when the stream changes bitrate or from 2.1 to a 5.1 stream, it works great and as its an open source project it will be updated.

hoverdonkey

Portal Member
October 19, 2008
Home Country
Bucky O'Hare, thank you for the resurrection! It was very welcome as I don't have time to try things out these days (instead, time is spent to trying to get one of those baby things functioning properly).

It is great to have MP all working nicely on open source codecs. Your tip also opened a door to the Extension Installer, which I had overlooked, so double thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    (instead, time is spent to trying to get one of those baby things functioning properly).

LOL, eventually everything works exactly how he\she wants it too, just accept you have no say in the matter, well thats what my daughter tells me anyway ;)

All the best

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have just spent a hour reading through it.
    I have a BG 3650 and have had real problems getting it to play nice with HD TV
    I'm using LAV as the audio decoder for all my settings and have no problems there but the vid is always stalling and artifacting

I would like to try
    MPEG-2 - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11)
    H.264 - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11)

But I'm unsure how to get the codecs do I just have to buy the software of will the trial work? Can I download them elsewhere and just register the codecs in my system?

I find if I flick to a channel which is currently closed down MePo is freezes and is unresponsive for 10 seconds

I now use a updated version of the TsWriter.ax file which fixed the HD epg problems but do you think my system may be more responsive/stable using a third party downloaded epg?

Cheers

jake

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    Listed under my system is an i3 2100 HD2000 it did start a thread before but have found more trouble shooting to try in the thread so I decided to post here to catch anyone who is subbed to the thread :)

This is my previous post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-90/hd-tv-blocky-artifacting-sd-fine-104031/

I think I need to try different TV codecs as they are all set to LAV as far as I can remeber
    I will check when I get home how much memory is allocated to the HD2000

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Listed under my system is an i3 2100 HD2000 it did start a thread before but have found more trouble shooting to try in the thread so I decided to post here to catch anyone who is subbed to the thread :)

This is my previous post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-90/hd-tv-blocky-artifacting-sd-fine-104031/

I think I need to try different TV codecs as they are all set to LAV as far as I can remeber
    I will check when I get home how much memory is allocated to the HD2000

Yes, I think you may find it's the gfx letting you down. Have you checked CPU usage also when trying to playback HD content?

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    Hmm I'm sure that the CPU was at 2-3% when on the HD channel.
    I think the CPU on its own could handle 1080i content maybe I could turn off hardware decode and see. Thing is my system plays back high bitrate 1080p stuff with no problems

I also have the same problems on my gaming rig with i7920 and 295gtx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom