[solved] Blaster Not Working (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They're the right files, but as per my post: the IRSS log level is set to "off". That means there's basically nothing in the files. You need to set the IRSS log level to something other than "off" (preferably the most verbose setting), restart IRSS, then post the log files again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does this help?
    Yes, thanks:
    [collapse]
    2015-06-04 23:39:58.854465 [Error][Main Thread]: Failed to start receive plugin: "Microsoft MCE"
    Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
    at IRServer.Plugin.DriverVista.OpenDevice()
    at IRServer.Plugin.DriverVista.StartDevice()
    at IRServer.Plugin.DriverVista.Start()
    at IRServer.Plugin.MicrosoftMceTransceiver.Start()
    at IRServer.IRServer.StartPlugins()
    Site : Void OpenDevice()
    Source : Microsoft MCE Transceiver
    Stack Trace:
    2015-06-04 23:39:58.874465 [Error][Main Thread]: Failed to start transmit plugin: "Microsoft MCE"
    Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
    Site : Void OpenDevice()
    Source : Microsoft MCE Transceiver
    Stack Trace:
    at IRServer.IRServer.StartPlugins()[/collapse]

...and so, it is exactly the same verdict as last time.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/blaster-not-working.130876/page-2#post-1138031

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, I guess I can try research this route for a while and see if there are any processes blocking the IRSS. I thought it might be the firewall because I received a windows message about allowing access to IRSS. I said yes to private and public but it did not seem to matter. I can get all my remotes to work 90% so I know the receiver is getting the functions. However, I cannot get any remote to perform up, down, left, right and select. I need to figure that out and then try moving to other blasters. Any help on the direction and select(OK) button would be great.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought it might be the firewall because I received a windows message about allowing access to IRSS. I said yes to private and public but it did not seem to matter.
    You got the request because MediaPortal and TV Server use the network to communicate with IRSS, even when they're all installed on the same PC. However, the network/firewall can't block IRSS from accessing/using the hardware.

I can get all my remotes to work 90% so I know the receiver is getting the functions.
    How are you doing this?

In case I haven't been clear when I've explained this in the past: with a MCE transceiver, only one application can access/control it at any given time. That means you can't have MediaPortal using the receiver and IRSS controlling the blaster. MediaPortal would block IRSS, or vice versa. Both receiver and blaster access must go through one program. In your case I recommend that one program be IRSS... but if you have another preference that's fine.

Any help on the direction and select(OK) button would be great.
    As always, screenshots of configuration and/or log files are required in order to help you. I'm not saying that to be frustrating or facetious. I simply am unable to assist properly when I don't understand the situation properly. I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    As always, screenshots of configuration and/or log files are required in order to help you. I'm not saying that to be frustrating or facetious. I simply am unable to assist properly when I don't understand the situation properly. I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

I understand, you have been very helpful and extremely patient. I'm not sure what I can post you to show you. The return button, guide button, volume buttons, numerical keys, etc. are received by media portal with or without IRSS installed. I can even use the remote to type in my Windows Login password. The directional keys even move between tabs on Windows screens. However, when I am in media portal I cannot use the left, right, up, down, or select(OK) keys. They worked before. The only thing I can use to navigate are the keyboard arrow keys and the enter key.

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    I will get on that. I actually just checked and I cannot use my keyboard either. Just my mouse to move from button to button on screen.

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Alright! I received a return e-mail from Hauppaugge Tech Support today. In summary, they told me that the trick with the card order does not always work (which I figured out the hard way) but to keep installing the driver for the card you want the blaster to work on. I figured that it would not make a difference because when I installed the Colossus last, that is exactly what I did. Anyway, I reinstalled the Colossus driver 3 times and on the third time it worked. I am now using the blaster for the Colossus. Also, by searching the forums I found out that my Keymap,xml file was corrupt or wrong and that is why my keyboard was not working. I copied a backup from an older drive image and now my keyboard works. In addition, the MCE remote must use some sort of mapping from the keyboard because now my remote directional and select(OK) key work properly. It looks like I am back in business. I am a little worried that the Colossus blaster might give me fits and wish I could have made the MCE receiver/blaster work properly. We shall see.

Thank you very much, mm1352000, for all of your help and to spachti for lending a hand as well. Hopefully, I will not be back in the forums for any disasters for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom