[solved] Blaster Not Working (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have tried...
    To be clear: this is what I mean...
    You physically remove all tuners and Hauppauge software and drivers (recommended: HCWClear).
    Reboot.
    Then you connect the HVR-1600 and 950Q and install their drivers.
    Reboot.
    Then you connect the Colossus and install its driver.
    Reboot.
    Finally you install IRBlast.
    You should not install IRBlast until all the tuners and their drivers have been installed.

Did you do this?

I installed the 1600 then Colossus and the Blaster stopped working and the BlastCfg showed up different without my settings.
    AFAIK the blaster config shows up differently depending on whether a blaster cable is connected or not. So, this may have happened because the blaster driver selected the HVR-1600 (...which had no blaster connected to it). That's why I keep suggesting to try swapping the blaster cable from the Colossus to the HVR-1600. It shouldn't matter which card the blaster is plugged into. You might just have to go with the one that the blaster driver latches onto.

Pull the whole IR blaster stuff from Hauppauge off and follow the tip mm gave you here.
    This requires that you have your Rosewill remote complete with your blaster cable.
    When he did this previously, logs made it look like the Rosewill blaster was working (with IRSS and TV3 Blaster plugin). I have the impression that the only thing missing was the physical blaster cable (ie. the IR emitter) from the Rosewill kit.

It seems there are a lot of problems using multiple cards with one Hauppauge blaster:
    Yes, the Hauppauge blaster driver can only work with one tuner/card per PC. With the exception of the HVR-22** cards (which can support 1 blaster per tuner for a total/maximum of two blasters), that means one Hauppauge blaster per PC... even if you have 50 Hauppauge tuner cards connected. In other words, it wouldn't be possible to have 2 Colossus with a blaster each... or a Colossus and HVR-1600 with a blaster each. The difficulty is controlling/predicting which product/card/tuner the blaster driver latches onto.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When he did this previously, logs made it look like the Rosewill blaster was working (with IRSS and TV3 Blaster plugin). I have the impression that the only thing missing was the physical blaster cable (ie. the IR emitter) from the Rosewill kit.

I'm almost certain he never used the Rosewill blaster. This would explain your findings about IRSS and the TV3 plugin working but running into the Nirvana.

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    To be clear: this is what I mean...
    You physically remove all tuners and Hauppauge software and drivers (recommended: HCWClear).
    Reboot.
    Then you connect the HVR-1600 and 950Q and install their drivers.
    Reboot.
    Then you connect the Colossus and install its driver.
    Reboot.
    Finally you install IRBlast.
    You should not install IRBlast until all the tuners and their drivers have been installed.

Did you do this?

Yes, twice

I'm almost certain he never used the Rosewill blaster. This would explain your findings about IRSS and the TV3 plugin working but running into the Nirvana.

I think you are right. I cant find the Rosewill cable at all.

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok, so I have one of these remote/blaster setups (see attachment jpeg). I have removed any Hauppaugge IR blasters or receiver software. I installed IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.5.0.62 and followed the setup. I have two issues.
    1. When I first load MPTV, the first screen I see tells me that the IRSS MPControl Plugin is not compatible. It is also listed in the Media Portal Configuration Plugin List under the incompatible plugin section.
    2. Of course, when I go to assign or create codes nothing reads it and there are no ports listed for blasting.

Attachments

• 712XAlICfLL._SL1500_.jpg
      712XAlICfLL._SL1500_.jpg
      163.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. When I first load MPTV, the first screen I see tells me that the IRSS MPControl Plugin is not compatible.
    What is "MPTV"?

It is also listed in the Media Portal Configuration Plugin List under the incompatible plugin section.
    What version of MediaPortal are you using?

2. Of course, when I go to assign or create codes nothing reads it and there are no ports listed for blasting.
    Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about here. Specifically...

I don't know what you mean when you say "go to assign or create codes". Where is this? MediaPortal Configuration, TV Server Configuration, IRSS configuration, plugin configuration for a MediaPortal plugin, plugin configuration for a TV Server plugin, some other external application...???

When you say "nothing reads it": what is "it", and what would you expect to be read?

When you say "there are no ports listed for blasting": where are you looking?

As always, log files and screenshots would also be helpful. It's really hard to help otherwise. ;)

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Sorry, I get ahead of myself.MPTV, Media Portal. I am running version 1.11. I am unable to recreate the screen during Media Portal startup about the incompatible plugin because I already clicked the continue button. The attachment, mpConfig.jpg, shows the Media Portal Configuration plugin section. The ports.jpg shows that I have None for assigned blaster ports, and the failed.jpg attachment shows that my remote is either not being picked up but Media Portal or IRSS is not responding when I ask it to learn codes for my cable box. I have also attached the log files.

Attachments

• failed.jpg
      failed.jpg
      88.1 KB
    • mpConfig.jpg
      mpConfig.jpg
      87.9 KB
    • ports.jpg
      ports.jpg
      128.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MPTV, Media Portal. I am running version 1.11.
    Okay.
    So if you want to use IRSS, you need to install the unofficial/test/maintenance-mode builds from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-unoficial-testing-version-no-support.119847/

This will give you plugins that are compatible with the latest versions of MP and TV Server.

The ports.jpg shows that I have None for assigned blaster ports
    So this is the same issue you've seen before... and unsurprisingly, the advice from me is the same:

I've been looking at the code, and the port list definitely comes from IRSS.

Can you please try to restart the IRSS service (IRSS configuration, up the top), then restart TV the TV service (TV Server configuration, manual control, stop service... then start service). If the ports still don't show after that, please post the IRSS log files.

My guess would be that:
    • IRSS is prevented from using the transceiver by some other application (eg. WMC, MediaPortal). WMC services must be stopped, and MCE remote configuration in MediaPortal must be disabled.
    • The transceiver drivers aren't installed/running correctly. I wouldn't know how to fix this. Perhaps try rebooting.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I can't tell anything from these:
    2015-06-04 23:07:21.277883 [Info.][Main Thread]: Log Verbosity Level: Off

hootie318

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Am I missing something form the logs? Did I not give you the right ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom