Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

ob1

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Home Country
...and then press exit, I dont have a Taskbar only the Windows Vista button and MP is not comming up.:confused:

i get the same thing about 1/3 of the time. I dont know what combo of buttons causes it, but when i hit "back" on the MCE remote, i only get the desktop, with no taskbar. VERY annoying, as i have to dust off the keyboard to manually kill tasks and restart MP.

amd599

Portal Member
March 15, 2008
Well it deff works, it'd be nice to have full intergration but this deff. does the trick.

I copy a lot of my blu-ray movies to my hard drive so I can play them all easily without loading discs each time. That being said, what would be amazing would be a way to have a button mapped on the MCE remote that emulates a ctrl+o (open) and then i could open them without having to use mouse and keyboard.

Is there a way to add that as an auto hot key into the HD_Starter.exe ? It seems like that HD_Starter.exe is just doing some hot key emulation and that's how it's controlling PowerDVD. Any help with this would be much apprecaited. THanks.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ...would be amazing would be a way to have a button mapped on the MCE remote that emulates a ctrl+o (open) and then i could open them without having to use mouse and keyboard.

Hi amd599, shure, no problem ;)

Which key is it what you press on the remote control (windows key) that should emulate CTRL+O ?

MoPhat

amd599

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    More hotkeys with HD Player Plug-in

...would be amazing would be a way to have a button mapped on the MCE remote that emulates a ctrl+o (open) and then i could open them without having to use mouse and keyboard.

Hi amd599, shure, no problem ;)

Which key is it what you press on the remote control (windows key) that should emulate CTRL+O ?

MoPhat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here's what I did.....I realized that your HD_Starter.exe is just a compiled AutoHotKey so I made another AutoHotKey .exe file which basily said:

"If the CyberLink PowerDVD Window is active then when I press +3 (shift + 3 = # -- so it's mapped to the # on my MCE remote) then send ctrl+o"

THen I just made that load on startup and it seemed to work well. However I am having a few weird instances of things such as the "Open Files from Hard Drive" will lose focus like if a mouse click was initiated in the background so it loses focus and then it doesn't work again.

Maybe you can come up with some more elegant so that its always onfocus of the CyberLink PowerDVD software until you press the back button (esc) which will then close down PowerDVD and bring you back to media portal.

Also, I am using all of this with the SafeSpin 1080 skin, i'm not even sure if your solution is 100% supported in that skin.

Anyway, if it can all be bundled into HD_Starter.exe, even better. In-fact...is there anyway that you can supply the source code of HD_Starter.exe, the AutoHotKey code I guess it would be? I'd like to re-map a few things to make it easier on me.

Thanks so much for replying. Hope I didn't confuse you too much ha ha.

ob1

Portal Member
    November 26, 2007
    Home Country
    In-fact...is there anyway that you can supply the source code of HD_Starter.exe, the AutoHotKey code I guess it would be? I'd like to re-map a few things to make it easier on me.

the AHK file is on the first post.

amd599

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    ha ha whoops!

In-fact...is there anyway that you can supply the source code of HD_Starter.exe, the AutoHotKey code I guess it would be? I'd like to re-map a few things to make it easier on me.

the AHK file is on the first post.

Thanks! I didn't even see that. i'll edit it more completely. Thanks again!

amd599

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    OK. So just about everything is working. I've added some other useful stuff into the script but there is still 1 problem....it's the ONLY problem I am having now, everything else is great. So here's what happens. I launch media portal, launch the HD Player and all is well. Then if I hit the "back" button on my MCE remote which usually sends the ESC key, it doesnt close down CyberLink PowerDVD. If I VNC into the machine and press ESC it closes it down and re-opens (or maximizes) media portal.

Now the strange thing is, if I JUST open HD_Starter.exe before even opening Media Portal, it will start CyberLink PowerDVD then if i press the back button on my MCE remote, it will close CyberLink PowerDVD and then open media portal...it doesnt seem to work that way once media portal is already open. Not sure why this is happening but any help is much apprecaited. Here if my modified code - http://pastebin.com/m4b1097ed - and also, here is a picture of my MCE remote (it's the standard Windows Vista black MCE remote) - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/images/b/b2/MCE-Remote-2-v1069.jpg

and the "back" button I am refering to is the black button with an arrow pointing to the left ( <--) just below the rewind button (<<)

Any more help is much apprecaited. THe script is 98% done, just need to get this working properly and i'm golden! Thanks all.

amd599

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    Browser_back instead of ESC?

if I hit the "back" button on my MCE remote which usually sends the ESC key, it doesnt close down CyberLink PowerDVD.

Try setting the exit function of the script to browser_back instead of ESC. That should fix the problem.

Which line of code are you referring to? Maybe I'm explaining it incorrectly.

I guess the best solution would be for Cyberlink to always be launched and just alt+tab between the two of them and skip the plugin...not sure.

There has to be a better way to integrate all of this into one suite. It sucks not having IMDB info for my BD Rips. Is there anything else that exists? Perhaps a media center platform that is solely based around BD/HD-DVD rips?

Druski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Hey great plugin, really useful! Any chance for a version to support PowerDVD 8? I tried editing the autohotkey script and compiling my own exe, but no luck.

Cheers,

Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom